DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic focus issue - possible work around for some.

Pedro

Reactions
My Mavic suffers occasionally from the out of focus area to the bottom right hand side as can be seen at 5:45 in the following vid. So I tap focused in the bottom third in from the right hand side and up from the bottom today and despite it being very grey and murky here today, all detail in the bottom right was pretty much spot on as was the rest of the frame. I know this won't work for all and will depend upon light, subject, subject distance, etc. but it has definitely helped mine. :)

Thanks.. :) D-Cinelike +1,+1,+1 + a little post. ND8 TACO-RC filter.

I know that not many people sharpen but I think the Mavic camera needs a touch.

Oh you're on the +'s! First I've seen when someone's dialled it up! I'm still finding my feet! First I had issues with the jpgs looking like fine oil paintings which are now rectified by shooting in RAW and now I'm convinced I have blue at the bottom right.... I've not done enough testing to know for sure. It's eating me away.... one of the problems with joining a forum. You start convincing yourself that you have an issue.

Have the problem is the low light levels in the UK at the moment!! It's hard for the camera to gather any information.

Off to Dover next week to give it a blast over the white cliffs

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

another crop, bottom right / bottom quarter of original photo

Attachments

• DJI_0033.JPG
    DJI_0033.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Oh you're on the +'s! First I've seen when someone's dialled it up! I'm still finding my feet! First I had issues with the jpgs looking like fine oil paintings which are now rectified by shooting in RAW and now I'm convinced I have blue at the bottom right.

Fonejacker,
Did you find a solution? My JPG's also look like a fine oil pointing. I shoot in the raw DNG anyway so that's not a big issue, and the DNG files look great. My video (shooting in 4K at 24fps) looks somewhere in between as far as quality goes. Can't seem to get it sharp, but I also have my sharpening turned down. Just curious if you figured anything out with yours to fix the problem?
Cheers!

My Mavic has the same problem.
When tilted the camera downward 90 degrees and shoot a flat ground(like a rice field), that issue becomes prominent.
Does Mavic of others have the same issue?
Pedro, have you fix the this issue?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98