DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Fourth Flight and it didn't record any video

ballitogb

Reactions
I took my drone up for a one hour flight and I was positive I was recording as I documented with a second camera but really the Mavic didn't record any video for the 20 minute flight. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I check my flight log or record?

No way to check. Did it not record on your phone/tablet as well?

Record of the flight exist all the trajectories and height speed everything everything was normal except know that I'm checking my SD card it didn't record video for the duration of the whole flight.

Your TXT flight log will show whether or not you were recording. If you're not sure how to check, please upload it here.

Reactions: ballitogb
Was your SD card in? I've done that with my Inspire before... disappointing to say the least :/

Was your SD card in? I've done that with my Inspire before... disappointing to say the least :/

Yes it was actually it did record the las 7 minutes of the flight even though I was recording from the beginning, I found this out by comparing the footage with the flight path

Your TXT flight log will show whether or not you were recording. If you're not sure how to check, please upload it here.

Actually I don't know hot to retrieve the TXT file, I exported cvs from the iPhone app but I can't find it and I exported black box data from the aircraft but I don't know the name of the file it created

Your flight log shows no photos or video were recorded during your flight.

Your flight log shows no photos or video were recorded during your flight.

With all do respect Sir that´s the thing I was recording and the log dosen´t shows it, and I will prove it to you, look at the picture of me holding the controller its on record mode. look at the flight path and look at the video, compare it with the log.

I was recording from the beginning and the drone actually started recording after 13 minutes only recording the last turn flight forward towards us and then I pointed the camera down and lifted went forward did a 180 and returned to home. Check this and you will see that it did not record the video and that the log didn't log it.

Video
Dropbox - last 7 min....mp4

Attachments

• Photo Mar 26, 9 44 12 PM_result.jpg
    Photo Mar 26, 9 44 12 PM_result.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 9.56.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 9.56.26 PM.png
    775.2 KB · Views: 20
With all do respect Sir that´s the thing I was recording and the log dosen´t shows it, and I will prove it to you
No worries. There's no need to prove anything to me. I was simply helping you out by confirming your flight log shows no video was recorded.

No worries. There's no need to prove anything to me. I was simply helping you out by confirming your flight log shows no video was recorded.

No I know and appreciate it very much, that is exactly why I posted here cause I can get help from experienced pilots. What should I do is it common? Do I have a faulty drone? If i would of been shooting for a client that would of been very embarrasing hahaha What do you recommend?

I can recommend trying Lichi. Has a super feature called auto record. As soon as you take off the app auto triggers record. I have had a situation where I've taken a pic in JPG mode and it would store it on SD. I reformatted the card on the mavic and the problem was solved

I think all pilots have done this.. Framed and forgot to press record...
DJI should look into making the record timer appear larger across the screen somewhere instead of having a tiny timer inside the record button.

Hello everybody, the same happened today to me: I saw with my eyes the record time in progress. I stop and rec several time during two batteries flights. Now, I've just found the last 4 clips in SD and nothing of previous 35/40 minutes of flight. Can it be some issue of the Mavic/SD/DJI Go? It is my fourth flight, and never it happened before. Does anyone experienced something like this? Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54