DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic FPV - NVIDIA Shield Tablet with Goggles + Other options

GTMonster

Reactions
The purpose of this thread is not for discussion, but to provide a comprehensive un-convoluted list of FPV setups that work with the Mavic or don't work (so we know not to bother trying). Primarily this thread is to look at compatibility with the NVIDIA Shield tablet and HDMI goggles but is open to other FPV / Mavic solutions.

The reason for this thread is that I like others are looking for a good set of FPV goggles compatible with the NVIDIA shield tablet or a better solution for FPV while flying their Mavic. From experience with racing drones, I believe that FPV with goggles is far more accurate and immersive method for quad-copter flight.

The reason that I decided to do this is as follows...
I recently tried the Aomway Commander V1 goggles with HDMI input, but these did not work with the tablets HDMI output (and are also not compatible with my vision as I could not get the screen to look sharp (blurred sheen all over image)). Annoyingly there is nowhere to try goggles locally so I purchased blind at low cost from China. Unfortunately I had to pay return postage and took a 10% cut in refund for restock fee! Painfully time consuming and costly!

Please can anyone who has tried/used a set of goggles with this tablet add:
- The make, model, version including aspect ratio and resolution of the goggles
- Advise if the setup worked
- Give setup pros and cons.

I am also open to other solutions of which the following are examples:
- HDMI to analogue converter to make non-HDMI goggles compatible (please prove details of all kit used).
- FPV phone in box goggles
- Wireless FPV goggle setups

I shall endeavor to keep this list updated with information as provided or found on other threads (That is if you can edit post on this forum. If not I shall put updated lists later in this thread).

Thanks.

COMPATIBLE
DJI Goggles - (1280x1440 - 16:9) Goes without saying that they are compatible

Avegant Glyphs - (1280x800 - 16:9) Seem to have a good all round review
Fatshark HD2 goggles -

NOT COMPATIBLE

Aomway Commander V1 - (854x480 - 16:9) Not compatible (HDMI input not seen) (Appeared blurred to my eyes)
Fatshark Transformer goggles - Not compatible

Reactions: Bunny Too
I have buyed fatshark hd monitor with hd viewer fsv1104 and binocular fsv1102. I have try to connect my nvidia shield k1 to fsv1104 in hd full mode but don't work ! i use mini to mini cable hdmi fatshark.
Are you sure that is not compatible?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr