DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Gimbal clamp - remove before flying.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a Gimbal Clamp and a Gimbal Cover. You must remove the Gimbal Clamp before powering on the aircraft but you can leave the Gimbal Cover on for flight if you choose to do so. Will need to confirm this with my colleague who has the demo unit...

^ Yes this true.

I already can't wait for the after-market to come up with a better clamp. The one for the P3 was awful, and this one looks just as bad with it's behind the camera mounting. Maybe it won't be that bad in real-world use.

Yes, definitely waiting for a single clamp/lens cover piece

I can see alot of excited mavic first timers forgetting to remove this prior.. hopefully no damage occurs the first few times..

It'll most likely be just fine. Lots of people have done this with Phantoms (and other DJI aircraft). It rarely causes damage to the gimbal.

^ Yes this true.

I already can't wait for the after-market to come up with a better clamp. The one for the P3 was awful, and this one looks just as bad with it's behind the camera mounting. Maybe it won't be that bad in real-world use.
Never saw a need for a gimble clamp with my P3. It was loose in the case and has never had any problems at all. In fact, I figured it was maybe worse if it got jarred with a clamp on than without personally...

Never saw a need for a gimble clamp with my P3. It was loose in the case and has never had any problems at all. In fact, I figured it was maybe worse if it got jarred with a clamp on than without personally...

I have had problems without a clamp in place (every once in a while it gets left behind); involved travel (like flights, train, etc.) has jarred dampener mounts loose for me on several occasions. More recently I hastily shoved the Phantom into the case and had some minor trouble on startup because the camera wound up pointed down far enough to prevent the boot-up movements and subsequently would not tilt (all I had to do was point it more level and restart)

All that said, it looks to me like the factory clamp is much better executed this time around; I see no fiddling to get it off

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54