DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gimbal cover someshades

Xblog

Reactions
Hi, with sun hood cover (for gimbal) i have somes issues with the hood obstructing my camera.
How i can resolve this ? with a new calibration process ?

Thanks !

Not quite sure what you a refering to.

Is this the aftermarket units, (that are not 3d printed), you want the injection molded units) that are open in the front, but still offer some protection in case you "gak it"? These are pretty good, allow airflow and protection.
Once in a while, if I move the Mavik suddenly with an input, yes, you can see the hood a little bit for a second or two once it stabilizes.

The OEM unit, just cause cover flare, and is a magnet for debris and fingerprints.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xblog
I didn't get out yesterday/lastnight, but should be able to do it afterwork.

That link looks like it would provide more optical "clearance", while still getting some protection.

But if I see it in "Begginer" and "Noramal" mode, and I haven't tried "Sport" mode yet, I would think it's a matter of some gimbal gains. Just can't keep up with the fast attitude changes.?.?.?.?

Have you tried the FPV mode, I know it probably won't give you what you want for the vid shot, but it should help with the vignetting......

here the problem i have with cover (shade)
DnVdQtU.jpg

Are you sure your gimbal is/has been "calibrated", from within the app?
That does not look right, also, it's not symetrical, looks like it's "pinned" to the left...

Are you sure your gimbal is/has been "calibrated", from within the app?
That does not look right, also, it's not symetrical, looks like it's "pinned" to the left...

In fact it's right, left top or bottom...

I have purchased a few of these and I have it happen with all of them . You could try and use a Dremel tool and shave some plastic away . I opted to purchase ND filters . Good luck

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka