DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gimbal error / slowly moving picture, bad horizon

outstanda

Reactions
I'm getting really upset. This is my SECOND mavic, they sent me this as replacement for the first one with gimbal shake error, and this has gimbal errors too!
I had Mavic for 2 months now, and all is has is that sending packages, waiting for service (2 weeks), waiting for replacement drone, finding out that the replacement is bad too, and now waiting for shipping label to send it back.
The DJI support is now telling me that they not cover hungary, but the first time they covered it... what now?

The gimbal is slowly moving, with released sticks, in minimum wind, calibrated gimbal, IMU, compass, new firmware.

It looks like Mavic movement (at least on the Yaw axis shots). How's your compass calibration? EDIT, sorry, see you checked that. Also check your RC calibration.

Everyhing is calibrated. :/
Compass, gimbal, IMU, RC ... and the horizon is bad too.
I watch it on ground too, it is not the Mavic moving, the unit is still, it's the gimbal.

So that said, if your gimbal continues to yaw around, it should hit the stops, no? And then you would see props or body... have you seen if this happens?

So that said, if your gimbal continues to yaw around, it should hit the stops, no? And then you would see props or body... have you seen if this happens?

no, it only does this for 5-10 sec, after every movement, i made a video on ground, here you can see:

I have a similar issue. The gimbal moves to the left after takeoff and to the right after landing. here is a short video

yes, this is the same. what did you do with this problem?
It is not yet resolved for me. I re-calibrated: IMU, Gimbal, Compass. And no luck. I can't seem to re-calibrate the controller with an android device.
As advised by support I will reinstall firmware v01.03.0500 . If that does not work I will try to roll back to firmware v01.03.0400

It is not yet resolved for me. I re-calibrated: IMU, Gimbal, Compass. And no luck. I can't seem to re-calibrate the controller with an android device.
As advised by support I will reinstall firmware v01.03.0500 . If that does not work I will try to roll back to firmware v01.03.0400

it has no deal with the remote... maybe the yaw was affected (it can see on my video, when on ground and i move the remote stick, the picture moves a bit) but the horizon error is separate from everyting.

I'm recalibrated everyting, in open, flat area, without magnetic fields, firmware up and downgrade... nothing helps. :/

it has no deal with the remote... maybe the yaw was affected (it can see on my video, when on ground and i move the remote stick, the picture moves a bit) but the horizon error is separate from everyting.

I'm recalibrated everyting, in open, flat area, without magnetic fields, firmware up and downgrade... nothing helps. :/

Mine turns when on the ground and at high altitude. Not a low altitude (see my video from 0:20 till 0:26 it does not move by itself). Does yours also move in flight at low altitude when an object is about 2-4 m in front?

Mine turns when on the ground and at high altitude. Not a low altitude (see my video from 0:20 till 0:26 it does not move by itself). Does yours also move in flight at low altitude when an object is about 2-4 m in front?
it does this on all levels ...

so, i try 0400 firmware, wont help. i made a new video, maybe it's even worse...

I have this also, pretty sure it came with 0400...i can't remember it on 0300 which my mav shipped with.

It is (to me) a gimbal issue, it is just very slow to stop where on 0300 the stops seemed to be quicker so you never really notice.

I have this also, pretty sure it came with 0400...i can't remember it on 0300 which my mav shipped with.

It is (to me) a gimbal issue, it is just very slow to stop where on 0300 the stops seemed to be quicker so you never really notice.

I can not downgrade to 03, only to 04 but it does too... if only do the horizontal panning it will be acceptable (a bit) but the horizon is turning, so the whole image looks like a drunken view of the world. I can not use this kind of footage. Especially from a 0 hour brand new drone.

Has anyone found a solution? Nothing I have tried helps with this. (IMU, gimbal, compass, controller calibration and firmware reinstall)

I just discovered a similar issue a few days ago. Calibrated everything but the gimbal slowly pans for a few seconds and I'm not touching any controls. So annoying :(

Ok, this is normal...i only found it drifts continuously when windy...when it's calm and the mavic sits solid it will only drift a few seconds like it does when you put the mavic down...it's just the gimbal centering the camera.

So... i send back the second unit, and i got my third drone from DJI, i think i give it up.
This unit produces the braking gimbal shake/glitch error wich i experienced in the first drone,
AND the unstable, slowly moving horizon error from the second, replacement Mavic.
So, this unit does the glitch and the unstable horizon error together.

So... i send back the second unit, and i got my third drone from DJI, i think i give it up.
This unit produces the braking gimbal shake/glitch error wich i experienced in the first drone,
AND the unstable, slowly moving horizon error from the second, replacement Mavic.
So, this unit does the glitch and the unstable horizon error together.

What fw is it on?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851