DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic gimbal vibration absorbing board

Rbruz

Reactions
Got the two on from aliexpress, took 5 min to change out the two absorbers, easy peasy

Use one drop of penetrating oil per pc then two pairs of tweezers to install, btw to remove old ones I held corner of alloy bracket with one tweezer then other pulled the rubber off.

These are genuine dji kits so the US customer service that say's they don't sell them is full of $hit btw they have zero idea if ya ever changed them if ya do this way, so no warranty void bs

If ya take the mavic apart then you could risk it being voided.

6c92f9e16087d6241dde870949eaef27.jpg

2c6ad802ae9652e678bc298fdad32d33.jpg

This is how ya hold them to slide into the round hole, once ya get the one edge in you the use other tweezer to hold it while ya push the second half in

29ef3ac90d56e1b03465afc017d4d50e.jpg

I repeat this is easy, you can do it and save tons of time!

Dji wanted me to send bird in, prob take a few months to fix, no thanks!

These are genuine dji kits so the US customer service that say's they don't sell them is full of $hit btw they have zero idea if ya ever changed them if ya do this way, so no warranty void bs

The proof is in the pudding. Can you tell which is OEM DJI and which is the copy? Here are pics side by side. I can tell in a heartbeat.

3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

Some Chinese companies are experts at copying OEM products. Others try but dont quite get it right. In this case, the L bracket on the Ali one is hollow, on the DJI product its solid. The bands are also slightly different. If I can tell, I would think DJI could tell as well.

The proof is in the pudding. Can you tell which is OEM DJI and which is the copy? Here are pics side by side. I can tell in a heartbeat.

Tried to buy from you, sent ya two messages ya never replied back.
Just needed the rubber and actually if ya zoom in on your first image the oem rubber in lower right looks like crap.

So at the end of the day I'm all set no thanks to you or dji

Some Chinese companies are experts at copying OEM products. Others try but dont quite get it right. In this case, the L bracket on the Ali one is hollow, on the DJI product its solid. The bands are also slightly different. If I can tell, I would think DJI could tell as well.

df4d83190d5bb76f602d0ee80e74d5d9.jpg

Must have missed it, sorry. I guess you were looking for 1 rubber band?

Nope at least 6 since I travel to mex and panama and need spares just in case, I broke two so 4 extra would have been sweet

I'd like to see a design change. The L rear backstop on the gimbal board sometimes breaks. It can be replaced by removing the 2 screws... but not from the top. Sadly you have to have open up the mavic to remove the board. Or is there another way?
8aa3e7ac201a3adfbe2ad91b2d717e89.jpg

Theres no other way that Ive found to do it. To drop the gimbal down, there are 10 body screws to remove, you have to pry the top body off, then you have to remove 3 screws holding down the gimbal circuit board, then you can access the 2 screws for the L bracket. All that work just to change a tiny little piece.

Reactions: Rbruz and Sjez
Rob, can the L piece be purchased anywhere, would be handy as a spare.

I had apparently the same problem, the L backstop behind the gimbal broke. One of the rubberbands is also out, but appears undamaged. I'm now getting the abnormal error that the gimbal is obstructed or can't turn freely. Is that most likely the cause of the error?

Got the two on from aliexpress, took 5 min to change out the two absorbers, easy peasy

Use one drop of penetrating oil per pc then two pairs of tweezers to install, btw to remove old ones I held corner of alloy bracket with one tweezer then other pulled the rubber off.

If ya take the mavic apart then you could risk it being voided.

6c92f9e16087d6241dde870949eaef27.jpg

2c6ad802ae9652e678bc298fdad32d33.jpg

This is how ya hold them to slide into the round hole, once ya get the one edge in you the use other tweezer to hold it while ya push the second half in

29ef3ac90d56e1b03465afc017d4d50e.jpg

I repeat this is easy, you can do it and save tons of time!

Dji wanted me to send bird in, prob take a few months to fix, no thanks!

Is there a way to replace entire plate without opening the Mavic? My L Bracket tab broke off. I have the new piece, but I want to avoid taking apart the body as much as I can... Not that I don't feel confident unplugging ribbon cables and such, but... you know

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143