DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic goes into Auto-land and CAN'T cancel!!! help

aggillator

Reactions
Was flying about 100 ft up and descending when the mavic went into auto-land. I was used to this happening and I expected to be able to cancel by throttling up. No matter how I throttled up, the mavic wouldn't go up. No matter what I did I couldn't cancel auto land. I tried the pause button, return home, and even turned off transmitter. Nothing helped. It did let me maneuver horizontally so I had a safe landing, but this is really scary! Anyone figure out what the issue is? I could have easily lost the mavic if it landed in an unsafe place. Battery was at 65%.

I saw where it was landing so wasn't worried, and was just desperate to try something and see if return to home would kick in.

"Need help finding your flight log? For Android devices, connect your device to a computer via a USB cable and go to "DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord". For Apple devices, see this video for instructions on retrieving your log from iTunes. After retrieving your log, click the "Browse..." button above to upload it (don't upload it at HealthyDrones.com)."

you can find your flight log on your sd card. sd card what is in the mavic. and if you connect your mavic to the computer and start the assistant 2 dji software, you can find the logs.

Reactions: spindlejockey
I'm sure this isn't the best way to post a flight log, but I'm not really sure how to do it otherwise. Removed location data just for privacy. It can be viewed here if anyone has any insights, I'd appreciate. 2017-03-13_17-40-11_Standard.csv
Sorry but that's not going to do. Manually parsing a CSV is a huge pain and consumes time. If privacy is a concern you can privately message the log file, but it has to be the TXT or the DAT file from the phone, or the Mavic respectively. My data analyzer will not accept the CSV.

So something unusual is happening. If you look at this data here, you can see the drone is operating normally until we reach the turquoise field. If you look at the lines, the blue is the RC Throttle, that is the stick controlling the altitude of the drone. The green line is the vertical speed, that is how fast it is sinking towards the ground. Naturally if the throttle is pushed up, the green line should reflect the opposite of that. The red line is the altitude. When the drone enters ForcedLanding the throttle stick started having no impact on vertical behavior, though the other inputs were still functional. I cannot however explain what activated this state to begin with. It usually happens when the battery hits a critical level, and that isn't the case here.
upload_2017-3-14_18-53-32.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest