DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Going back for repair Need Input

madman4049

Reactions
Ok so my gimbal/image is doing some wonky stuff and after initialization the image pitches up then rolls right taking over a minute to return to level. DJI is wanting me to send the drone in which I definitely will because it's new only has a few flights on it and should not be doing this. My question is should I send the remote too or keep it? I've heard horror stories about DJI not returning the remote and/or claiming the owner never sent the remote.

I'm thinking no, they're the manufacturer they should have plenty of remotes, batteries, etc. What say you who have been through the repair process?

Also what is the likelyhood I will get my new drone back and not some freaking refurb for a gimbal issue?

Ok so my gimbal/image is doing some wonky stuff and after initialization the image pitches up then rolls right taking over a minute to return to level. DJI is wanting me to send the drone in which I definitely will because it's new only has a few flights on it and should not be doing this. My question is should I send the remote too or keep it? I've heard horror stories about DJI not returning the remote and/or claiming the owner never sent the remote.

I'm thinking no, they're the manufacturer they should have plenty of remotes, batteries, etc. What say you who have been through the repair process?

Also what is the likelyhood I will get my new drone back and not some freaking refurb for a gimbal issue?

You only need to send the drone without battery. You can even take the props off as they don't need to be sent either.

Did you send it in yet? I am having the same issue but I am also having an issue where the drone stops recording and then restarts on its own. It usually happens around the 9 minute mark. Have you seen this happen? It will create multiple video files, that is how you can tell.
Did they give you a turn around time? Are you in the US?
Thx

Let us know how this goes.

Will do.

Did you send it in yet? I am having the same issue but I am also having an issue where the drone stops recording and then restarts on its own. It usually happens around the 9 minute mark. Have you seen this happen? It will create multiple video files, that is how you can tell.
Did they give you a turn around time? Are you in the US?
Thx

It's in the box just gotta take it to the UPS drop-off. Haven't had that issue but then I've only got about 5 flights on the drone so far and only one of them came close to 9 minutes of actual recording. I've mostly gotten used to the handling. I had however noticed the video jitter/jerk/shudder however you want to word it on it's own seemingly randomly. I don't see how it could have gotten damaged the drone lives in it's own padded pelican case since day 1, I'm **** retentive about the gimbal lock and cover being installed and very gentle with the bird for the whole 2 weeks I had it before issues.

Repair completed, drone will be shipped back to me in about 2 business days. I have absolutely no idea what the repair was, their site doesn't say jack. Will see when I get it back.

Hell no I didn't, heard too many horror stories of DJI saying they didn't receive it or was not in package when it was. I asked on here to be sure but I figured they're the company they should have lots of remotes laying around lol.

They will send you a refurbished unit. But they do ask for you to send the drone, RC, and battery.

My friend crashed his Mavic, well, he pushed the battery too far and it dropped out of the sky and broke the gimbal only. DJI asked for the drone, RC, and one battery. 2 weeks later he received a refurbished unit that seemed almost new, a new RC, battery, new props, and two new gimbal covers.

He was pissed because he had one of the first Mavics when they first came out. But, his referb is a real champ and runs great.

Yeah well they say repaired not replaced, will see once I get it back gonna bump serial numbers and see if it's still my drone. I didn't send jack other than the drone itself.

I sent mine in april the 11th.. I'm getting it back tomorrow. I sent the mavic, battery and controller.. we'll see what shows up. They did send it back 2nd day air. That surprised the crap out of me.

Last edited:
Reactions: tony56shooter
I sent mine in april the 11th.. I'm getting it back tomorrow. I sent the mavic, battery and controller.. we'll see what shows up. They did send it back 2nd day air. That surprised the crap out of me.
Hopefully you get it all back fixed, hoping the same for mine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo