DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Hand Launch & Catch

jamgabbi

Reactions
one week with the Mavic and i love it so easy to carry around. Went hiking today with a small backpack.

Reactions: grizzard
Great vid .... Are you holding the joystick in the "Up" position so that it moves positively in that direction? I don't have mine yet ... so I'm trying to visualize what you are doing. Loved the action and views you present .. very attractive.

Great vid .... Are you holding the joystick in the "Up" position so that it moves positively in that direction? I don't have mine yet ... so I'm trying to visualize what you are doing. Loved the action and views you present .. very attractive.
I used the Auto take off and move the stick forward gently. So far it performs very well your going to love it.
i hope you get it soon and thank you for your kind comments.
Jimmy

Last edited:
Reactions: grizzard
Tried hand catching it today for the first time. As soon as I grabbed it I had to clamp on very hard while holding down the left stick till it stopped. Alot harder than I thought

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Put it in sports mode via the switch on the side of the controller and with the OA off you will be able to grab it and power it off.

That's a crazy story trying to reach between 4 spinning blades. I'm glad you weren't injured more seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

gruesome but a reminder.. found on rcgroups be warned .. little graphic..

dronehurt.png

Ok. To be clear how does one take off with it though? As in how do you get the props fired up? Simply hit the take off button?

I use the auto launch, just be ready for that violent starting shudder if you don't straighten the props.
Also it tends to drop down slowly after you move away - as if it isn't sure how the ground suddenly isn't there anymore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato