DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Hard to regain Focus once lost?

HK!

Reactions
Hey

Was shooting some stable aerial footage yesterday, only to get home & find the whole thing was out of focus. I Hadn't noticed on my tiny smartphone.
Watching back this video I noticed how awesome the resolution/focus was of the grass in front of the lens,
so I think its obvious this caused the rest of the video to be out of Focus. Didn't try AF that run.

So.. I took her up again today. No grass this time. Gorgeous image for the first few minutes, then without User input it went out of Focus.
No big deal, I'll just tap AF..hmm nope, how bout tap over here...nope.
No matter where i tapped horizon or ground, it couldn't seem to reacquire some sort of baseline for focus.

Anyway, am obviously going to read up on the focus threads, but if mavic has trouble reacquiring focus at high altitudes <120m is normal, that's good to know.
At least I can play with MF now :)

My first post. Excuse the Epicness.

Hey! I had a similar issue - my mavic would focus a few times then it wouldn't respond to input (for focusing). My mavic is out for service atm for a different issue so I can't test myself but I'd start by reflashing your drones firmware through dji assistant and reinstalling the app to your device

Thanks for your reply m8
That sux, but at least DJI is good with customer support like that

I really should have included some footage with my post. I might be a bit paranoid as the laws here are fairly strict (and grey) regarding where you can fly.

You can see mine is trying to refocus, but it just seems to go in/out and end up at the same bluriness.
It turned up as I got higher, so I am going to try to start/stop recording when I'm where I want to be :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas