DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic high altitude and low temp test

I actually did an IMU recalibration right after it arrived. I figure it gets bounced around a lot during shipping.

@WolfgangStiller , would you mind sharing your .TXT flight log file. I would like you to convert the file analyze the Temp reading from start to finish, that is if you don't mind. The file will look similar to this except it will show the actual date and time. "DJIFlightRecord_2016-11-18_[12-07-21].txt"

Interested in this post as I have a Mavic on order, estimated delivery is Jan 27.

Keep us posted as would like to know the outcome of your conversation with DJI.

@WolfgangStiller , would you mind sharing your .TXT flight log file. I would like you to convert the file analyze the Temp reading from start to finish, that is if you don't mind. The file will look similar to this except it will show the actual date and time. "DJIFlightRecord_2016-11-18_[12-07-21].txt"

Not sure which log file this is. Give me the steps to grab it, and I'll be happy to pass it along.

Interested in this post as I have a Mavic on order, estimated delivery is Jan 27.

Keep us posted as would like to know the outcome of your conversation with DJI.

Will do. phone support is only Monday to Friday so I have an email in with the details sent to DJI. I'll post the results.

Not sure which log file this is. Give me the steps to grab it, and I'll be happy to pass it along.

The file you need is in the device you have the GO app loaded on. You must connect that device to your computer and search for a folder named DJI.
Open the DJI folder and locate folder dji.pilot.
Open the dji.pilot folder and locate folder FlightRecord.
Open folder Flight Record and scroll near the bottom of the page and look for the txt file matching the flight in question. That file will look similar to this:
"DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-23_[19-22-40].txt"

At this point save a copy of that file to a folder and zip it to upload to your next here.

The file you need is in the device you have the GO app loaded on. You must connect that device to your computer and search for a folder named DJI.
Open folder Flight Record and scroll near the bottom of the page and look for the txt file matching the flight in question. That file will look similar to this:

At this point save a copy of that file to a folder and zip it to upload to your next here.

I'll see if I can the logs via a file explorer. IOS only gives me access via iTunes when I connect via USB cable and it didn't show the log files.

I'll see if I can the logs via a file explorer. IOS only gives me access via iTunes when I connect via USB cable and it didn't show the log files.

When using ios I download and save a copy of the complete FlightRecord folder. You can access all your txt files from there.

Note, for anyone attempting this using DJI Go under IOS. Most file browsers and explorers are blocked from accessing app files so you can't see these as easily as under Android but there is at least one that can. I used iExplorer. The file path shown above is close but not quite right. Here's what I had:

iPhone\apps\DJI Go\FlightRecords

In that folder you will see a series of .txt files (but these can't be read without a special DJI flight data converter/viewer). To do that I used this

DJI Log Converter

I noticed that it thought I flew over 15,000 feet MSL but I know I couldn't have been over 14,250 so it's a bit on the high side. Although there is an item for center battery temperature, it doesn't show any data there in the exported csv file from the flight data converter. Anyway I am attaching the flight data for the flight you asked for. Let me know if you can spot some temperature data that I missed and if so how you did that.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-11-21_[12-38-00].zip
    366.9 KB · Views: 5
It took a little back and forth but my Mavic is on it's way back to DJI to get the camera fixed (I have a minor focus issue on the right side of all images). I miss it already. :(

Yes, I see what you mean and I am concerned about that. Thanks for pointing that out! I am going to run some tests on Saturday (working from dark to dark currently so there's no time or daylight available until then).

It's going to be painful to be without my Mavic if I have to send it in. Anyone know the turn around on repairs?

You guys must have x-ray vision. The video looked pretty good to me.

Note, for anyone attempting this using DJI Go under IOS. Most file browsers and explorers are blocked from accessing app files so you can't see these as easily as under Android but there is at least one that can. I used iExplorer. The file path shown above is close but not quite right. Here's what I had:

iPhone\apps\DJI Go\FlightRecords

In that folder you will see a series of .txt files (but these can't be read without a special DJI flight data converter/viewer). To do that I used this

DJI Log Converter

I noticed that it thought I flew over 15,000 feet MSL but I know I couldn't have been over 14,250 so it's a bit on the high side. Although there is an item for center battery temperature, it doesn't show any data there in the exported csv file from the flight data converter. Anyway I am attaching the flight data for the flight you asked for. Let me know if you can spot some temperature data that I missed and if so how you did that.

First, thanks for all your trouble on getting the .txt file. When I get .txt files from my ios device I just copy and download all the files from the FlightRecord at once and overwrite the same folder on the pc. It's maybe a 3-5 sec process.

This is a free offline converter that is updated frequently. You will not have to login online to use. Works great if you are out flying some where and want to review data in the field.
[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

The Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic have a different battery system. Because of this, there is no "Center_Battery" data available with either of these A/C's. So, there is no Temp reading as you mentioned. I completely forgot about this prior to asking for the .txt file.

However, there is Battery Temp data on the .dat file. There is also a free offline converter for the .dat files called DatCon. Locate here CsvView/DatCon and search Download in menu on the left. The CsvView is also a great tool to use!

The 3 links I provided above are to the best of the best. Not only are they the best, but they are free.

Reactions: WolfgangStiller
First, thanks for all your trouble on getting the .txt file. When I get .txt files from my ios device I just copy and download all the files from the FlightRecord at once and overwrite the same folder on the pc. It's maybe a 3-5 sec process.

This is a free offline converter that is updated frequently. You will not have to login online to use. Works great if you are out flying some where and want to review data in the field.
[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

The Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic have a different battery system. Because of this, there is no "Center_Battery" data available with either of these A/C's. So, there is no Temp reading as you mentioned. I completely forgot about this prior to asking for the .txt file.

However, there is Battery Temp data on the .dat file. There is also a free offline converter for the .dat files called DatCon. Locate here CsvView/DatCon and search Download in menu on the left. The CsvView is also a great tool to use!

The 3 links I provided above are to the best of the best. Not only are they the best, but they are free.

Thanks for the links to converters! I'll take a look at the dat file for the same flight. I'd like to track my temperatures so this would be good to see. How you do you get your files off your IOS device? It seems like there should be something better than Iexplorer.

iTunes... go under apps and you can click on DJI GO and see all the folders.

After getting approval to send the Mavic back in because of the focus issue (barely visible in the video I posted at the top of this thread) I got the Mavic back (same drone with a fixed or new camera) very quickly. It took the repair facility less than 48 hours from arrival time to fix, test, and return the Mavic. Got it back and it's working perfectly. Really impressed--great service!

Awesome! I'm headed to Piles Peak tomorrow. Supposed to be 7 degrees and not sure on the wind. It was bad here in Colorado Springs today so hoping it will be calm.

You are welcome.

I like to know in advance in what conditions I can fly and how hard I can push things. When I'm in more extreme terrain, I always fly one step below what I know the quad and I are capable of. I also push the limits of the Mavic in nice soft big open fields and fly extreme maneuvers in Sport mode as well as play with all advanced features. There a mistake on my part won't have any serious consequences. A mistake on top of a 14,000 ft summit with multi-thousand foot drops on each side, will likely mean bye-bye quad so I always get to know its limits in much safer settings and then don't push it when a single mistake can have more serious consequences.
No different if flying over water. If it falls it's gone.

Awesome! I'm headed to Piles Peak tomorrow. Supposed to be 7 degrees and not sure on the wind. It was bad here in Colorado Springs today so hoping it will be calm.

Yes, today was bad. It was gusting to 70 mph here. I flew about about 2 minutes (during a brief lull) and landed. The Mavic was just getting pushed around too much. Tomorrow should be fine but the winds above 12,000 feet look like they may be gusty and strong. You should be able to fly at lower elevations but it's going to risky up high.

You can get the winds aloft forecast here:

AWC - ADDS Wind Temp Data

Mine got pulled about 500ft last weekend... I was up around 400ft and guess I got caught in some wind. Next thing I noticed it was moving pretty quick away from me and it wouldn't come back. Put it in sports mode and got it to reduce altitude then it came right back. Scary few minutes though!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme