DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic hits a tree branch regained balance and stability. After a minute critical error and fly away!

Emil George

Reactions
Hello I am very new here. Recently I was flying my MP near to my home and it accidentally hit a small tree branch briefly. MP wobbled a sec then regained balance and I ascended it to a safe altitude. Within few seconds, I got CRITICAL ERROR, COMPASS ERROR on my screen and mavic lost connection. It started to fly backwards really fast and it was towards an open field, However I lost line of sight soon due to tall buildings nearby. I checked flight details on RC. And there was no GPS. No RC data. A red message saying 'critical error. Check app'. I was unsure what to do for a moment. Then I ran to the next building top floor which happens to be a multi storey carparking and on the way to it I restarted the app and tried to reconnect. Nothing happened. Then I realised my drone hasn't crashed yet as I was still able to see RPM data from MP. I restarted the hole RC AND PHONE. tried to connect back. By this time it was 10+ minutes and I was worried that battery might be drained to a dangerous level.Guess what,!! on restart MAVIC was able to connect back, GPS got connected I saw it was 8000 feet away and battery was about 55-60%. I initiated RTH but returned seemed unusually slow a and I flipped sports mode and drived back fast. Then I realised it's a bad idea as battery drains faster this way. I pressed RTH once again. This time flight came back faster however battery reached low levels. I was thinking it's gonna crash into the paddy field soon... It was free hundred meeters away and battery was critical level. Long story short I was able to get MP landed on the top of carpark building next to me when battery was 1-2%!!!!!. I don't know how I lost connection and how I managed to establish connection back in the right time... I am so happy that I got it back. I calibrated sensors and it's been flying well ever since. I want to know why I got CRITICAL ERROR in this scenario.... I tried to report flight data to DJI and ask them what happened through DJI assistant, but it says invalid data always. So I didn't. Anyone possibly has an answer? Thanks

Hello I am very new here. Recently I was flying my MP near to my home and it accidentally hit a small tree branch briefly. MP wobbled a sec then regained balance and I ascended it to a safe altitude. Within few seconds, I got CRITICAL ERROR, COMPASS ERROR on my screen and mavic lost connection. It started to fly backwards really fast and it was towards an open field, However I lost line of sight soon due to tall buildings nearby. I checked flight details on RC. And there was no GPS. No RC data. A red message saying 'critical error. Check app'. I was unsure what to do for a moment. Then I ran to the next building top floor which happens to be a multi storey carparking and on the way to it I restarted the app and tried to reconnect. Nothing happened. Then I realised my drone hasn't crashed yet as I was still able to see RPM data from MP. I restarted the hole RC AND PHONE. tried to connect back. By this time it was 10+ minutes and I was worried that battery might be drained to a dangerous level.Guess what,!! on restart MAVIC was able to connect back, GPS got connected I saw it was 8000 feet away and battery was about 55-60%. I initiated RTH but returned seemed unusually slow a and I flipped sports mode and drived back fast. Then I realised it's a bad idea as battery drains faster this way. I pressed RTH once again. This time flight came back faster however battery reached low levels. I was thinking it's gonna crash into the paddy field soon... It was free hundred meeters away and battery was critical level. Long story short I was able to get MP landed on the top of carpark building next to me when battery was 1-2%!!!!!. I don't know how I lost connection and how I managed to establish connection back in the right time... I am so happy that I got it back. I calibrated sensors and it's been flying well ever since. I want to know why I got CRITICAL ERROR in this scenario.... I tried to report flight data to DJI and ask them what happened through DJI assistant, but it says invalid data always. So I didn't. Anyone possibly has an answer? Thanks

All I can say is

Upload the DAT file from the mavic to Dropbox or another file sharing site. The link for the info on how to do it is in my signature.

If we get the DAT there are several of us who can find out what happened.

Rob

The critical error could possibly maybe have been some bit of debris got caught up in the moving parts, and then maybe it got flung back out or shredded?

Good job sticking with it and not giving up. A great ending to a good story! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Bobvt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato