DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic hover while camera follows?

FlashGJ

Reactions
I would like to fly MP out in front of me and then just manually put it in a hover, then while staying in the hover, have the camera track me as I come towards it and then run past the MP and have the camera continue to track me as I continue past it and move away from it. The whole time while I come towards it and then eventually past it, it would just stay in hover and adjust the yaw and gimbal to keep me in view.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

I would think spotlight is the one. Actually it is meant to focus on something while you fly it around manually so I guess if you leave it hovering and walk by it it'll follow you without moving in space.

MacPap

Reactions: Mr Spock
I would think spotlight is the one. Actually it is meant to focus on something while you fly it around manually so I guess if you leave it hovering and walk by it it'll follow you without moving in space.

MacPap
Thanks MacPap, I will test it out and see if it will work.

If you're running underneath, it'll likely lose track of you, but if you run past it should be good.

Reactions: Mr Spock
Had a chance to test it out today. Spotlight works great and does exactly what I was hoping it would do. I even ran almost directly underneath it and the camera followed me all the way. MP just sat there and pivoted to keep me in the frame.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Cool.

Just a shame the active track only recognises people and maybe one or two other things. Dogs maybe? It is useless when you point it at farm animals like a cow or sheep or deer and wont recognise them as something to be tracked. Litchis does this though and will track anything that stands out.
I would have liked to to use spotlight to track an animal as it moves around a field. Having active track keep the object in frame while I maneuver the drone. Cant Do which is a shame!

Cool.

Just a shame the active track only recognises people and maybe one or two other things. Dogs maybe? It is useless when you point it at farm animals like a cow or sheep or deer and wont recognise them as something to be tracked. Litchis does this though and will track anything that stands out.
I would have liked to to use spotlight to track an animal as it moves around a field. Having active track keep the object in frame while I maneuver the drone. Cant Do which is a shame!
I thought I read somewhere that active track would work on dogs. If it does, you would think that it would work on farm animals. Are you sure that it is not working on them because of not enough contrast between them and the background? Not enough experience on my part, but just a thought.

Yeah I read that bit about Dogs somewhere too. It was pretty high contrast. A single white sheep againts a dark green field. Whilst Litchi will do it no trouble DjiGo4 Active Track spits an object not recognised message.
Can only assume it has a fairly restricted library. It will track a person sitting on a ride on mower so it is mystery to me what the match criteria is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots