DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic in Ireland

Splatt

Reactions
This old man is really having fun with his MP. Still don't know a lot about flying, videoing or editing but had to share these clips I took in Ireland a couple of weeks ago. Flew from Mobile, Al to Dublin. Took the drone out of its case and flew all over the country without having to calibrate anything. Sorry for the length of the video but I did speed up some clips to cut down on time.

This old man is really having fun with his MP. Still don't know a lot about flying, videoing or editing but had to share these clips I took in Ireland a couple of weeks ago. Flew from Mobile, Al to Dublin. Took the drone out of its case and flew all over the country without having to calibrate anything. Sorry for the length of the video but I did speed up some clips to cut down on time.
Love it, question did you fly from USA to Ireland and if so any trouble with the drone/batteries etc going through customs

Love it, question did you fly from USA to Ireland and if so any trouble with the drone/batteries etc going through customs
None at all. Went through customs in Atlanta with drone in a carry on bag with 3 batteries. After x-ray they didn't even open the case to look at it. Same on return trip out of Dublin.

None at all. Went through customs in Atlanta with drone in a carry on bag with 3 batteries. After x-ray they didn't even open the case to look at it. Same on return trip out of Dublin.
thank you so much, I'm flying to Portugal this summer I have a backpack designed for the Mavic which holds 3 batteries also, I even got the batteries Li-Po safe bags, again thank you and keep flying

Fantastic video Splatt, thanks for sharing

Great footage! I'm traveling to Scotland and Ireland at the end of the week and am bringing my Mavic. Any idea if there are permit requirements (so far I understand there are none)? I'm hoping to get great footage of castles, Highlands, etc. Hopefully, there aren't any restrictions on those sites.

Great footage! I'm traveling to Scotland and Ireland at the end of the week and am bringing my Mavic. Any idea if there are permit requirements (so far I understand there are none)? I'm hoping to get great footage of castles, Highlands, etc. Hopefully, there aren't any restrictions on those sites.
I did register my drone online with the Ireland Aviation Authority for 5 euros but nowhere in the country was I ever asked anything about the drone except interested spectators.

Reactions: ignasolares
I did register my drone online with the Ireland Aviation Authority for 5 euros but nowhere in the country was I ever asked anything about the drone except interested spectators.
Also, I did ask permission at places like the hotels we stayed at and was only denied by one facility.

Hi guys I forgot to post my footage after the trip. I encountered no problems when flying the drone and was able to capture some amazing footage.

At some of the most historic sites I did ask for permission and sometimes they would say that it wasn't aloud in their grounds. This was mostly the case for castles so I would step outside their grounds and find another spot to fly. Here's the footage, hope you like it:

Hi guys I forgot to post my footage after the trip. I encountered no problems when flying the drone and was able to capture some amazing footage.

At some of the most historic sites I did ask for permission and sometimes they would say that it wasn't aloud in their grounds. This was mostly the case for castles so I would step outside their grounds and find another spot to fly. Here's the footage, hope you like it:

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing your video.. you definitely know more about what you're doing than I did. Brings back fond memories.

Just so I understand this - Ireland is such a cool country that they don't hassle you about flying a Mavic Pro? I've registered a while back - paid my $$ - but so far have not gotten a cert. in the mail. Any advice, please?

Just so I understand this - Ireland is such a cool country that they don't hassle you about flying a Mavic Pro? I've registered a while back - paid my $$ - but so far have not gotten a cert. in the mail. Any advice, please?
It's been just over a year now, but if I recall correctly, it did take several weeks to receive the certificate, While in Ireland for 14 days I was never questioned at all about flying my Mavic. The Irish are some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet.

Thanks for the great information. Good to know - since I'm 95% Irish, I will take that as a nice compliment as well.

It's been just over a year now, but if I recall correctly, it did take several weeks to receive the certificate, While in Ireland for 14 days I was never questioned at all about flying my Mavic. The Irish are some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet.
It took awhile to get mine, I was about to make an inquiry but it finally came in the mail.
I know it’s been a long time since your post but I am in Killarney for a week. Are you near Killarney?

I second that, it’s my 7th trip to Ireland and it’s a beautiful country but best part is the people.

Reactions: Mavic Airick
Thanks for sharing these videos. I was in Dublin for work about 2 years ago and couldn't take my drone. We did spend the weekend and get to see a lot in Dublin and surrounding areas.

The cliffs and castle clips in your video were amazing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku