DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic is ruining my family vacation

moswissa

Reactions
Well kinda not really. I'm a long time DJI user and the Mavic has been great. We went to Santa Barbara, thought I could get some great shots but this new update crap is killing me.

I always get pissed whenever there is an update. It's always a problem. This time I made the mistake of updating it while on the trip and it's getting stuck like always. I got passed downloading the firmware but now it's getting stuck on the update. I restarted my drone, RC, and re downloaded the DJI GO app and it's still getting stuck at 74%.

The drone won't fire up without the update apparently since I've already updated 74% of the firmware. My trip will be over tomorrow.

Any advice??

Sometimes 3 is the charm. Dont give up. It might fail in DJI Go, but restart the drone and it might show complete. Dont bother redownloading DJI Go.

Well kinda not really. I'm a long time DJI user and the Mavic has been great. We went to Santa Barbara, thought I could get some great shots but this new update crap is killing me.

I always get pissed whenever there is an update. It's always a problem. This time I made the mistake of updating it while on the trip and it's getting stuck like always. I got passed downloading the firmware but now it's getting stuck on the update. I restarted my drone, RC, and re downloaded the DJI GO app and it's still getting stuck at 74%.

The drone won't fire up without the update apparently since I've already updated 74% of the firmware. My trip will be over tomorrow.

Any advice??

download my VM and test it back to 400 for the win!

I created a VM so we can all forever downgrade to 400

I didn't bring my computer unfortunately and I should have waited. Sucks I can't fly this thing. I hate updates!!

You always have the option of going to a local library, most have computers these days (lol). Or an Internet cafe or even a hobby shop.

You always have the option of going to a local library, most have computers these days (lol). Or an Internet cafe or even a hobby shop.
Or an apple store - they usually quite happy to let you use one of their macbooks to do an update, especially on a product line they sell (apple sell the mavic).

Any advice??

Any advice??

I experienced an updating stuck (86%), the RC was really hot. I restarted the update blowing in the RC cooling grid. The update was ok. I do not know if this is only a coincidence.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121