DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Issue - lens flare, lost transmission signal, lost GPS signal and laggy video.. ? anyone else?

.Lupo.

Reactions
Hi guys!

So I have managed to return 2 Mavic's due to hardware issues, and now this one seems to be playing up yet again.

Problem A) There seems to be a lot of lens flare, or something fluttering across the screen when I move the camera or when i put it in film mode mainly, but sometimes is just a constant line across the screen. Has anyone seen something like it?

Example 1:
Dropbox - Monday, May 8

Example 2:
Dropbox - DJI_0002.DNG

Problem B) IN high density areas, the drone looses its image signal, making it impossible to fly and making it pretty terrifying that your kit is going to fall from the sky. Is this a common issue?

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Problem A - did you remove the clear plastic gimble protector?

Problem B - I don't fly it in high density areas with people around, so I cant comment.

A) looks like the bubble is on. Remove it and the line will hi away.

B) cell towers can degrade rc reception. buildings will block your signal at shirt range. This is a line of sight device.

it looks like a hair to me, your not using any filters are you? if so check for a hair.

Problem A is from the plastic bubble getting reflections from the sun.

Problem B is pretty obvious with high density and lots of buildings probably filled with many electrical gadgets.

As geigy stated Mavic is mainly line of sight reception if you go in behind buildings you are likely to lose connection.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S