DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Joystick protection free!!!

Mustaine4prez

Reactions
IMG_2986.JPG IMG_2989.JPG IMG_2990.JPG Just thought I was share this since I haven't seen anyone that is doing it and everyone seems to be worried about there exposed joysticks on the controller when transporting and stuff.

This is a simple one and as long as you still have the original box your Mavic came in, you have everything you need.

1-Cut the inner shell portion where your controller was out of the box.
2- cover the controller sticks with this piece and secure it in place with an elastic band or hair tie. Bam!!

I'm aware of the 3D printed guards, but I like free better..
see pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_2991.JPG
    IMG_2991.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2992.JPG
    IMG_2992.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Nice idea. The only thing holding me back is in case of warranty or crash repairs. I use the original box for sending the Mavic in. I already replaced mine once and now it looks like I have to send it in again for Focusing issues.

Reactions: Impact9
Nice idea. The only thing holding me back is in case of warranty or crash repairs. I use the original box for sending the Mavic in. I already replaced mine once and now it looks like I have to send it in again for Focusing issues.

Good point

It's a OK point I guess. But why can't I still use the box to send it back? Changes nothing..
If I were really considered about the piece that was cut out I could just put it back in with a little hot glue.

can someone explain why this is needed? I regularly through my controller in my bag and it still looks brand new.

can someone explain why this is needed? I regularly through my controller in my bag and it still looks brand new.

To protect the gimbals (control sticks) from receiving or having anything contacting them or exerting pressure on them for any amount of time.

Some people , myself included, feel it's a good idea to isolate them when in storage or transit Thumbswayup

It just seems that the sticks are unnecessary being extended when jammed into the fly more bag.
Not sure if it would be a problem in the long run but I'm it willing to find out.

The pre production models or the ones that were leaked prior to release had sticks that pulled off for simple transportation. Didnt make it to the actual release model. I wonder why ?

Not true. I received my Mavic combo in late January and the sticks do pull out. Never had a problem removing and replacing them. Perhaps some people are too timid to try to remove them? I think the carry bag and the controller were designed for removable sticks.

I actually really like the flymore bag.
Forces you to not carry unnecessary stuff with you. But I do wish there was a tiny bit more room.
I don't love the idea of pulling out the sticks. I think over time that would cause more problems then hyperextending them inside of the bag.

Not true. I received my Mavic combo in late January and the sticks do pull out. Never had a problem removing and replacing them. Perhaps some people are too timid to try to remove them? I think the carry bag and the controller were designed for removable sticks.

Wow, you're right, they do pull out!

It needs quite a bit of force though.

The sticks appear to be metal and a tight interference fit into the plastic ball so I don't think it is likely to break as long as it is pulled strait out and not twisted.

Try it at your own risk, please don't blame me if they snap!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR