DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Leg Replacement Video Guide and a Thanks

Jordan

Reactions
Firstly I would like to say a big thanks to Jeff @SalvageDrones who sourced my replacement Mavic leg and sent it to me in London all the way from sunny California.

I cracked my poor Mavic's leg when crashing into a wall indoors and was slightly mortified as I'm sure many of us have been when we hurt our beloved little drone. It took a week getting here but when it did I was over the moon! I've made a quick video on my YouTube channel showing the replacement process if anyone else has to go through a replacement. Enjoy!

Thank you very much. I still have not been successful securing a replacement antenna leg so I thought I'd have a go at repairing mine. Your well-done tutorial was most helpful. I am sure I would have buggered the antenna wire had I not been aware of the caulk securing the wire,

Anyway, I removed my damaged leg, heated it in boiling water to soften the plastic a bit and was able to gently straighten it somewhat. I then used superglue on the fine crack and black epoxy to fill in the large defect. It's not perfect or even pretty - but it is sturdy, and should hold until the good folks at DJI can start churning out some spare parts.

antennaleg.jpg

Thank you very much. I still have not been successful securing a replacement antenna leg so I thought I'd have a go at repairing mine. Your well-done tutorial was most helpful. I am sure I would have buggered the antenna wire had I not been aware of the caulk securing the wire,

Anyway, I removed my damaged leg, heated it in boiling water to soften the plastic a bit and was able to gently straighten it somewhat. I then used superglue on the fine crack and black epoxy to fill in the large defect. It's not perfect or even pretty - but it is sturdy, and should hold until the good folks at DJI can start churning out some spare parts.

View attachment 6776
Is that the finished result?
I think you might like these links...
DJI Mavic Pro Original Front Left Motor Arm Repair Parts For Mavic Pro | eBay
DJI Mavic Pro Original Front Right Motor Arm Repair Parts For Mavic Pro | eBay

No, sorry. That is the Before picture. Here is the After picture:

legrepair.jpg

I did a much neater job with the crack on the opposite side of the leg with super glue gel, it was smaller but more structural. I will let this cure another day and then smooth it with a dremel. I just wanted to fill in the big gaping hole. At least, for now, it seems sturdy, and flys well. Maybe I'll put a band-aid over it to conceal it :)

Reactions: Bunny Too
I can almost guarantee that these are not original DJI mavic parts. Look at the spring on a motor shaft never seen any Original Part like that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using MavicPilots mobile app
Looks normal to me ?
DJI-Mavic-pro-aircraft-quick-release-props.jpg

Dittto. what do your mavic springs look like?

great the led made it btw. that would really suck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa