DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic lipo storage, in the house or not?

Pedro

Reactions
So I have an irrational fear of lipos and the potential for them to spontaneously combust. I store all the lipos for my other multirotors in my garage in a small steel safe and yet I keep my Mavic lipos in the plastic Mavic case inside our house.

I am aware that generally lipos are safe enough and almost all ‘events’ are caused by incorrect charging or at least when charging takes place.

What is the consensus here regarding the storage of Mavic/DJI lipos, in the house or not?

Thanks.

If you considered you should store your mavic batteries outside you'd have to do the same with your laptop, phone, camera, tablet...

Reactions: Eyeinthesky33
I have done a lot of searching on this topic and cant find any real issues with the DJI batteries ... this maybe because all of the intelligence for charging is in the battery and that they self discharge to a holding charge after a maximum of 10 days ( you can change this in the dji go app ) I keep my Mavic and batteries etc in the same case in the house currently.

Thanks.

As I said, it is an irrational fear probably born out of quite a few reports of lipo fires but more from the diy non-intelligent type lipo where perhaps they've been damaged or not charged properly.. I'll sleep easier tonight now. :)

Also if I know I'm not going to get a chance to fly ( like this week I was away after my last flights I left my batteries at around 30% after my flights. ( But I'm sure you are doing that anyway )

Get a Lipo Safe bag to store them in, explosion and fireproof and is what most people use when transporting on plane. Like $20 on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone wants to buy LiPo bags just for peace of mind, I found the HOBBYTIGER LiPO bags are made well. I use them to store my batteries.

Hobby-Tiger-LiPo-Bag-1.jpg

Last edited:
In all fairness, back in the day there were quite a few fires and incidents from lypos. I had a very good friend who lost his truck to a malfunctioning lypos. It took awhile for me to also get past that element of danger, but I trust today's technology more than yesterday's. I couldn't believe the first time I seen someone drop a cell phone and not think it would explode. lol, just saying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S