DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic/Litchi mission end point

Dusty3

Reactions
Got a new Mavic Pro… Excellent quad!! Using Litchi with some experience. Recently planned and flew a mission over 13,200 in length. My Home Point was mid-way from the southern mission staring point and the northern target – mission end. Not very glamorous, a swamp area, following a creek (in the south we call it a bayou) starting off the beach of a large salt water sound and ending on this guy’s property. Approx. an 8,550 foot track. Litchi said it was an 8 minute flight. I planned the mission with waypoints and followed all the crooks and bends in the creek, then to solid land, and on to the finishing point, a target building. I had programmed the Mavic to land at mission completion. The last waypoint was in a clearing next to the building. Which, by the way was an all steel three story building. As the quad was flying the route, we were on a four-wheeler racing back to the finish point. When I got there, could not find the quad.. The picture on the Ipad was stable and showed it was next to a tree. The leaves were moving so I knew the pic was live and the quad was hovering.. But where? The property owner felt he recognized the tree and suggested it was at our Home Point. Raced back thru the swamp and found the Mavic hovering 3 feet off the ground at the Home Point – just waiting for me to tell it what to do.. confirm landing… Had a little over 2:00 of battery life… No, I did not have to change underwear.
Question – when the mission completed, and I was somewhere in the swamp brush, bouncing in a four-wheeler, with a signal loss, did the Mavic then decided to not follow the Litchi command to land - and decide with the signal loss to return to the Home Point? I gotta fly this mission again from a little higher altitude showing more of the property… Do I stay at the Home Point or go to the mission end location? Of course a good answer is for me to say at the Home Point and have a bud stay at the mission end point and wait… Don’t believe cell phones work out there either.

Reactions: Budmancan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS