DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic & Litchi

Just got this email from Litchi.

DJI Firmware Update Issue

Dear Litchi Pilots,

The new DJI firmware updates for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0600) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0509) fixed the issue introduced in the previous firmware versions which would cause erratic behavior in some of Litchi's flight modes. All of Litchi's flight modes are safe to use again with the latest firmware version for the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. The issue still exists in the current firmware for the Inspire 2.

The Litchi Team

I have tried most of the modes with latest Litchi update and new dji firmware and iPad with no problems. They were short tests, but, focus, follow, etc. were fine. Will run more extensive tests when the rain stops, maybe tomorrow (Friday).

Reactions: SkySquinter
what are the benefits of using litchi beside panorama and way point ?
i own litchi, never try on mavic.
i just not sure what am i missing ...

I personally like the configurable voice feedback while you fly (so you don't need to look down while you fly) and using Waypoint mode to get super smooth video since all the panning and gimbal motions can be pre-programmed. A friend of mine uses Google Card board and Liltchi to fly the Mavic in FPV mode.

I personally like the configurable voice feedback while you fly (so you don't need to look down while you fly) and using Waypoint mode to get super smooth video since all the panning and gimbal motions can be pre-programmed. A friend of mine uses Google Card board and Liltchi to fly the Mavic in FPV mode.
thanks, any mord suggestion ?

For me it's the fact you don't have to pre-fly your waypoints also like the audible prompts you can set for battery etc. I still use Go4 as well as Litchi.

I totaly understand waypoints, i used it with p3p its a greate tool, i have to say i still need to practice to get what i want, i do handle manual preaty well.
its just pre flight does look more safe.

my problem with litchi is my country is not cover by google map so good, i wish i could make my own map,
like fly an area taking 90 dgrees photo and make my tile and use it for best accurecy.....

any way so

1.vocal
2.way points
3.panorama
4.fpv vr

anything else ?

What is the advantage of litchi on the mavic besides automated waypoints? I used litchi with my phantom 3 standard because the range sucked but now with the mavic i have no range issues. So why do you guys use it?

I totaly understand waypoints, i used it with p3p its a greate tool, i have to say i still need to practice to get what i want, i do handle manual preaty well.
its just pre flight does look more safe.

my problem with litchi is my country is not cover by google map so good, i wish i could make my own map,
like fly an area taking 90 dgrees photo and make my tile and use it for best accurecy.....

any way so

1.vocal
2.way points
3.panorama
4.fpv vr

anything else ?

Also...... Litchi hub is a great tool to have. Create a mission on your computer load and fly it, share your mission and other Litchi members can fly it as well. I'm already thinking of number 6. ;-)

I just installed Litchi on an Android device and tried it for the first time, I'm on the .800 firmware. Does anyone else has focus problems? When I tab the screen, that green rectangle appears where I tab, it beeps but the focus does not change. And I cannot find any dial to adjust it manually.

I could find it: When DJI Go App was used and left with the camera in manual focus (my preferred setting), Litchi cannot change focus as the camera is still in manual (switching from PAL to NTSC restarts the camera, but that has no effect for the focus setting).

So Litchi must be closed, Android default settings for Litchi have to be cleared, USB must be disconnected and reconnected, Go App has to be started, focus must be set to auto, Go App must be closed, Android default settings for Go App have to be cleared, USB must be disconnected and reconnected, Litchi must be started again ... not that nice. I hope for later versions, they will change the camera into auto focus when Litchi starts.

But I hope they will also add a manual focus feature to the Android app and allow to change from manual to auto and back, as auto does not work well in dark conditions. Or just a switch to infinite as in the iOS version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu