DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic lost GPS and video but return to home perfect

I_Chill_in_Amsterdam

Reactions
Hello all

So yesterday evening I had my greatest adventure yet with my mavic. Weather was perfect low wind nice warm evening sun was 90 minuted before going down

I got myself out there 3 battery's had a great time.

I flew just over 5000 meters in total on this one particular flight, I was approximately 500 meters away from home hovering and zooming in the camera on a car when I lost video signal it just froze

The controller lost all info 5 seconds later it flashed up home and said returning to home

Two seconds later video feed started and I could see mavic was heading in the right direction time, video feed lost again and controler went blank. Voice come in saying return to home again and screen on controller said same

Good enough in can now see mavic coming right back. What a relief.

Video feed comes back on

As mavic is landing right in front of me video feed lost again

Point is the mavic was at one point over 1500 meters away and perfect feed but when closest to me was losing this. I thought this was odd.

I'm glad it come back rth I love it

Only thing I noticed during the flight was on my phone at the top the controller icon was flashing. But still had a min of 3 bars at all times

Anybody else had similar?

P.'s I was 30 meters high at all times

In a rural setting when lost signal. Previously when 1500m away at furthest point was flying over a village

Last edited:
Misleading thread title. There is no way the Mavic can RTH autonomously without GPS.

I'm new to drones so I may be mistaken. What I can tell you is the controller totally went of and said GPS signal lost. Fact it happened why Ibe no idea that's why I asked here

sounds like you lost the RC and video connections but GPS was still active on the Mavic or it can not RTH. the flashing indicates interference somewhere. It is at this point still receiving signal but telling you there is interference.

normally when mine flashes i will also sometimes get an interference message as well but if you lost video at the same time that wont happen.

Where was your home point and how rural was it?

If u want a definitive answer post the logs

sounds like you lost the RC and video connections but GPS was still active on the Mavic or it can not RTH. the flashing indicates interference somewhere. It is at this point still receiving signal but telling you there is interference.

normally when mine flashes i will also sometimes get an interference message as well but if you lost video at the same time that wont happen.

Where was your home point and how rural was it?

If u want a definitive answer post the logs

Thanks for reply. I will post my logs shortly I would like a expert opinion thanks all

ok i think these are my logs

Sorry im new to this, my problems started 7 mins into the flight,

appreciate the feedback

MEGA

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11