DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Maintenance

draxler_17

Reactions
I frequently fly my mavic in a dusty environment. Apart from the lens which I clean after flights, I don't maintain any other parts of it. Should I be concern on the dust going in and out of my mavic? What are the recommended things to do to keep my drone's life longer?

Reactions: Former Member
Great question for any desert flyers!

Dirt, sand and other debris can get into your motors, fan, gimbal, and exhaust ducts. As a preflight, you can turn your motors slowly and feel for any grit, sand or other objects that might be causing friction. If you do get anything in your motors, best to turn the Mavic upside down and shake it out. You can also use a smaller vacuum to get it out. If you blow compressed air into the motor theres no place for the debris to go but further down into the motor and can jam it.

Keep the cooling fins on the bottom clear of debris so that theres no restriction on airflow. Look inside the rear air outlet ducts for any dirt or dust in there, and shake it out through the back, away from the cooling fan end. The last thing you want to do is get something stuck in the fan.

Theres no air filter on the Mavic, so its really up to you be the the air filter. Try not to take off from sandy or dusty areas, but if you do, get yourself a landing pad so that foreign objects wont get sucked into your bird in the first place.

Reactions: Classic flyer
Would take off and landings by hand not be the best preventative maintenance from sand and dusty environments? I always do this with my phantom 2 , and I do realize it is a little more challenging with the Mavic .

Would take off and landings by hand not be the best preventative maintenance from sand and dusty environments? I always do this with my phantom 2 , and I do realize it is a little more challenging with the Mavic .

Depends on which camp you are in. Im old school, and got into the habit of never taking both hands off the controller. If you have good reflexes, are an experienced pilot, and feel confident on hand launching and catching, go for it. I wouldnt recommend it for newbies., they have enough on their hands to begin with.

Dirt, sand and other debris can get into your motors, fan, gimbal, and exhaust ducts. As a preflight, you can turn your motors slowly and feel for any grit, sand or other objects that might be causing friction. If you do get anything in your motors, best to turn the Mavic upside down and shake it out. You can also use a smaller vacuum to get it out. If you blow compressed air into the motor theres no place for the debris to go but further down into the motor and can jam it.

Keep the cooling fins on the bottom clear of debris so that theres no restriction on airflow. Look inside the rear air outlet ducts for any dirt or dust in there, and shake it out through the back, away from the cooling fan end. The last thing you want to do is get something stuck in the fan.

Theres no air filter on the Mavic, so its really up to you be the the air filter. Try not to take off from sandy or dusty areas, but if you do, get yourself a landing pad so that foreign objects wont get sucked into your bird in the first place.

Thank you. I just finished a thorough check and blow few dusts. Cheers!

I think some maintenance checks needs to be done after flight when you get home, instead of pre-flight checks before you fly. You don't want to do a pre-flight check only to find an issue you can't resolve because you didn't have the tools to fix, and having to abort the day's flight plan.

I think some maintenance checks needs to be done after flight when you get home, instead of pre-flight checks before you fly. You don't want to do a pre-flight check only to find an issue you can't resolve because you didn't have the tools to fix, and having to abort the day's flight plan.

Thumbswayup Preflights before you leave home and post flights after youre done..

Awsome reply sir...Thanx for the input

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke