DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mp4 video file rendering with Sony Vegas?

theskyisthelimit99

Reactions
Has anyone had any experiences with (re) rendering the video files with Vegas.. in my case version 14.0 pro..

Seems it defaults to the 4k Long format as being the match.. however, the file size ends up 2x the original..

I think you can also goto mainconcept and choose HD 1080, then do a custom size to 3840x2160.. and change the bitrate..

In doing this, do most just set the bit rate to match the mavic's original at 60mbit.. ie: variable and set it to 60,000,000 for both max and min?

The goal here would be to match original quality one way or the other and at least have the same size file (or smaller)..

Any experiences..

Thanks in advance

I'm using Vegas Pro 14, and rendering using Mainconcept 3840x2160, custom profile, variable bit rate between 40,000,000 and 50,... You could go as high as 60,... - but there's no use in going over 60, as you already know. I often use 2-passes for slightly better quality.

Technically, bit rate determines the file size. You can render a 640x480 file at 10Mbps, and it will be (relatively) the same size as a 4K video rendered at 10Mbps. I'm not sure why you are getting much larger files at 60Mbps. I can only guess that the Mavic may use some sort of wonky compression.

Reactions: Mark.Evans
I'm using Vegas Pro 14, and rendering using Mainconcept 3840x2160, custom profile, variable bit rate between 40,000,000 and 50,... You could go as high as 60,... - but there's no use in going over 60, as you already know. I often use 2-passes for slightly better quality.

Technically, bit rate determines the file size. You can render a 640x480 file at 10Mbps, and it will be (relatively) the same size as a 4K video rendered at 10Mbps. I'm not sure why you are getting much larger files at 60Mbps. I can only guess that the Mavic may use some sort of wonky compression.
Thanks for the info..

By twice the file.. i meant when using XAVC long 4k render format..
So you do basically what i said, custom mainconcept but at 40 min and 50 max on the variable rate? Can you perceive any change in quality by going with the lower bitrate?

The footage looks good at 40 to 50Mbps on my 4K TV. All things considered, the Mavic shoots at a low bit rate for 4K. It's already pretty 'lossy', in its ability to shoot high-end footage.

Reactions: theskyisthelimit99
It's useful to see options people are using with Vegas as I don't see many discussions on it. So far I've been using XAVC Long but it's not space efficient as mentioned although at least not as bad as Intra as I found out the first time.

John

Reactions: theskyisthelimit99
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC