DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic multiple errors and drifting after taking off

Spy_Corfu

Reactions
I wanted to take some shots of some Fire works and after taking off i received multiple warning messages while the mavic was drifting away!
Fortunately i had the good sense to switch sport mode to resume control but then again it drifted again so again for several times i switched to sport mode and back and by the end it stoped drifting and all was ok.

Then i continued with my flight path as you can see on the attached healtny drones log.

There where about 10-15 drones flying nearby so i assume it was interference from other controllers??.. what do yo think?

I used dji go 4 app and all other default settings more or less.. in any case i used the drone before the same day and the day before and so on without any issues.

All updates etc where done a couple of days before so its not that either.

It was after 12:00 in the evening and its was pitch black so it was very stressful to see the mavic heading towards the walls of a fortress and the see underneath!!

But in any case whatever it was the sport mode switch did the trick and all is well!

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 11.18.44.png

This is the main warning message i dont understand: "Warning:[IMU]heading exception (In Flight) please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally"

This is the main warning message i dont understand: "Warning:[IMU]heading exception (In Flight) please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally"
It looks like you are in an area with lots of interference. Try recalibrating the IMU and compass.

i have done that now but i have flown there many times without any issues and that is the first time i had this problem and i have flown 100s of times with my phantoms and now my magic without any issues.
Also have never bothered with imu calibration as never had any issues before.
i still think it was caused because of multiple drones flying nearby at the same time..
what do you think??

i have done that now but i have flown there many times without any issues and that is the first time i had this problem and i have flown 100s of times with my phantoms and now my magic without any issues.
Also have never bothered with imu calibration as never had any issues before.
i still think it was caused because of multiple drones flying nearby at the same time..
what do you think??
Fly again after calibration and report back. If it flies normally, then it was a calibration issue. If not, we'll have to investigate further.

explain to me if it was a calibration problem then why the previous days which i flow many times i did not have any problems!

Fly again at the very same place without calibration and without any other drones nearby. If all goes well the only logical cause remains are the other drones. The error message above is given if compass, IMU and GPS deliver values that don't fit together. I experienced this with my Mavic at places of magnetic interference. I was never in a situation flying with other drones nearby thus I can't tell.

i already calibrated my drone so its too late to test!
i will try to fly it from there again in any case to see what happens
In theory multiple drones flying nearby do not create interference .. they just use other frequencies in the 5ghz band i think.
And in any case even if they do that message would not show up

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929