DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic new propellers cage

Interesting... looks like it comes with fixed (non folding) props.

This would certainly get rid of the portability and ease-of-use of the drone, but may allow people to fly it over crowds with approval in certain situations.

Interesting... looks like it comes with fixed (non folding) props.

This would certainly get rid of the portability and ease-of-use of the drone, but may allow people to fly it over crowds with approval in certain situations.

Looks like they are folding props. I personally think these, and other similar prop guards would be more useful indoors. It looks like these DJI ones would not perform well outdoors with wind.

I wonder if the 3 props are because you would only replace the rear props (use existing front) so this gives you 1 extra set? Also wonder if this is geared more to interior videographers? There is more than meets the eye since there is a setting on the mavic just for these guards? (tripod mode, turn off obstacle avoidance and higher RPMs for the rear props?)...just speculating.

Pretty intense looking. I'm still leery about flying a Mavic indoors as it generally does not end up well from what I've seen, read and heard, but I could easily see such prop guards coming in handy when flying outdoors around branches, high grass, etc. The cages look very protective. The prop guards I have - but have never used - clamp on quickly and would be good to protect against an inadvertent bump or nudge. But these cages look like they could do a whole lot more than that. What kind of cost are they running?

Pretty intense looking. I'm still leery about flying a Mavic indoors as it generally does not end up well from what I've seen, read and heard, but I could easily see such prop guards coming in handy when flying outdoors around branches, high grass, etc. The cages look very protective. The prop guards I have - but have never used - clamp on quickly and would be good to protect against an inadvertent bump or nudge. But these cages look like they could do a whole lot more than that. What kind of cost are they running?

$159.00

Wow. Admittedly much more than I expected to hear. But you do get what you pay for in this world, and protection does come with a price. Thanks for the info. Something definitely worth considering to get given some of the Mavic flights I have planned for the future. Thanks a lot for the help.

Looks like they are folding props. I personally think these, and other similar prop guards would be more useful indoors. It looks like these DJI ones would not perform well outdoors with wind.
Yeah, you may be right. When I looked at the small photo, it seems like they changed the shape/size and made them fixed. But when I look at the larger version.... who the heck knows! :)
large_181e2d2c-0ee8-4d30-b1cd-6e7876893474.jpg

Yup it's official DJI has released it. $159. I'd rather save the weight. Too much in my opinion. But not a bad idea for indoors etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Well I've decided to purchase them, so I'll be able to review them when I get them. Unlike normal cage props, these seem to be very sturdy and DJI has a great track record for durable products.

way too much money. Ill stick to the under $10 ones, same use.

If it's going to save me $1500 on me being careless or something went wrong. I'll spend it. I believe that's one tenth of its purchase.

If it's going to save me $1500 on me being careless or something went wrong. I'll spend it. I believe that's one tenth of its purchase.
That's what I thought when I ordered it too, but then the following facts that surfaced after made me cancel.
  • It reduces total flight time to 12 minutes
  • It's not very portable and weighs too much
  • The cages can get damaged if it impacts something at a speed faster than 2 mph, this means the cages are meant to be used in tripod mode.
  • I'm a speed flyer logging 10-12km per battery, and occasionally film and photograph when I see something worth snapping a shot of.

Reactions: adiru and jopolski
this thing is like training wheels for a trike.. I've seen one review that said the cage reduces the battery flight time to about 12 minutes.. ehhhhh, no.. not giving up half my battery life.

As for flying indoors, try tripod mode, or just get really good with your minute stick control, and flight awareness.. lots of practice in other words. Just make sure you have good lighting when flying indoors (as it needs to rely on it's Vision System since GPS is usually not available), and you can tell when the LCD screen displays Opti and not Atti mode, or I guarantee you will crash.

Reactions: Mavic Maniac
.....I did........:eek:

I think it can be good for having autorisation to film in very crowded place and following a bike in a trail forest in very complex path...

Do you really think it only work in tripod?

I hope I will not regret... Still didn't receive so I can still cancel if I change my mind.

It's designed for complete safety when indoor shooting video or pictures for pro photographers.
That's why they cost so much! It's actually a pretty good idea because no mater how you crash with these on, the person that you may hit into will not get injured. For pro photographers that makes them a very attractive option.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada