DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Night shot noise

Leo Pan

Reactions
shot with DNG format,3s exposure speed, tripod mode, ISO200,look at the noise....but the noise not shows in preview mode,I tried to take some night shots ISO 100,but there is no such noise like this picDJI_0182.jpg

could you reshoot in DNG (raw) at ISO 100,200,400,800 and upload the results here? I will convert the DNG

I know on my Mavic camera sensor the noise is very predictable. One common method is to shot with what is effectively a camera cap on with the same settings as you plan to shot the final image in to get a noise map of the sensor and use that to subtract out the noise in the final picture.

I have learnt to never raise the ISO off 100. Even at 100 you get quite a lot of noise (especially colour noise). I may try doing some noise testing and upload if I get a chance tonight.

The thing I've found in processing RAW in general from DSLR work (Lightroom) is that you often you can't pull too much detail out of the shadows because then you bring out the noise. Sometimes you have to just let the shadows go black. Its probably that the shot was under exposed. Having said that, I haven't shot at night with my Mavic yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madkiwi