DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Only Flies Back or Down

cjurczak

Reactions
On my first flight I calibrated the compass/IMU. Performed a auto-take off, pressed the right stick up, and the drone came backwards towards me. I pressed the right stick down, and the same, it came back toward me. Similar behavior with the left stick, up or down the drone only descends toward the ground.

I reloaded the firmware with the PC software, and verified my Go 4 app is up to date in the google play store. I double checked, my controller is in Mode 2.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...Thanks!!!

If the left stick will only make the Mavic descend, how did you get it into the air in the first place? Did I misunderstand?

Are you sure you calibrated correctly and did it indicate calibration completed?
I was unable to press Done until I completed the stick/wheel calibration. When Done was able to be pressed a figured this was confirmation the calibration was successful...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MavicPilots mobile app

So I just took it out for another quick flight, but this time a manual takeoff, not auto takeoff... After in the air it the controls seemed normal...

Why would auto takeoff cause the bird to behave differently to controls?

New update on this problem... DJI support had me do all the regular stuff then recommended I try DJI GO app not the DJI GO 4...It seemed to work just fine! So my question is what would cause the app to effect the control of the bird?

New update on this problem... DJI support had me do all the regular stuff then recommended I try DJI GO app not the DJI GO 4...It seemed to work just fine! So my question is what would cause the app to effect the control of the bird?

Thats a weird recommendation...IMHO

Since my S7 broke (end of January), I had to go back to my Nexus5. And since then I have exactly the same problem.

First I didn't realise, that it might have to do something with my phone, because the first flight with the Nexus5 was normal, except, that it was drifting slightly away from it's position. That's why I landed the Mavic and restarted everything. Then after the restart and auto take-off it only came back, right or down.
Bad thing is, that I can't test it with the S7. I just tested it with a Nexus6 with the same Result. I also tried with the Litchi app and the "old" DJI GO, but no luck. Also the recommended manual take off doesn't work for me, because it wouldn't gain height.

I hope DJI realises, that there is a Problem and looks into it..
..or does someone have any idea?
The app seems to be broken since the last update anyway. At least the reviews on the play store show quite frustrated people.

That's what I first suspected and disabled after the restart, but didn't help.
Since it's also only going to the right side it wouldn't make a lot of sense there.
But thank you anyway for the help!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S