DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Photo Files

OP23

Reactions
Has anybody done any decent sized printing with the photo files out of the mavic yet ?

the files look good just wondering how well they come up on paper ?

love to hear if youve had any success and or issues !

cheers

Reactions: KevinT
Hi OP23.
I have successfully make prints of others 12mpx cameras. Why is going to be different with the mavic?

Hi OP23.
I have successfully make prints of others 12mpx cameras. Why is going to be different with the mavic?

I think the OP might not understand the ins-and-outs of photography and printing in photography? You should at least help with a positive answer too ;)

Anyway, OP, the files should be at a good level up to A3+. The next sizes up will create quality issues. For best quality aim for 288+ dpi in your prints so for a 12mp camera this'll be a smaller file size at 8"x10" which is smaller than A4 and this should be 350+ dpi.

The next sizes up will create quality issues.

That of course depends on the viewing distance. I have a 12 MP print from a Nikon D2X hanging in the office here that's 2m wide and looks gorgeous once you step away enough that you can look at the entire image. You have to do some clever upscaling and adjust your sharpening parameters though, but that's a whole art in itself. There's even specialized software devoted to that task, like Nik Sharpener Pro.

That of course depends on the viewing distance. I have a 12 MP print from a Nikon D2X hanging in the office here that's 2m wide and looks gorgeous once you step away enough that you can look at the entire image. You have to do some clever upscaling and adjust your sharpening parameters though, but that's a whole art in itself. There's even specialized software devoted to that task, like Nik Sharpener Pro.

This is correct but I thought I'd keep it basic based on the knowledge. Whilst we're on the topic have you ever seen a billboard close up? The resolution is ridiculous but as you mentioned the viewing distance makes it good. Nik collection is the nuts, OP this is something to get. It's now free to download the full suite!

I think the OP might not understand the ins-and-outs of photography and printing in photography? You should at least help with a positive answer too ;)

Anyway, OP, the files should be at a good level up to A3+. The next sizes up will create quality issues. For best quality aim for 288+ dpi in your prints so for a 12mp camera this'll be a smaller file size at 8"x10" which is smaller than A4 and this should be 350+ dpi.

Yoshik, I'm asking because I do not know if there's anything different with the mavic. I am not new to photography and I know that different devices have different image quality and a post-processing requirement. I'm asking because maybe OP32 knows something that I do not. I'm sorry it was interpreted differently.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242