DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilot Age

51 plus V.A.T. (63 years young) ,(it's close enough !! ) from Norfolk, U.K. still waiting for Santa's order of a Mavic

56 own a p3s and been waiting 8 weeks for my mavic to arrive. Hopefully soon

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

48-Young!

Bought an original Parrot AR when they first came out [2010]. Flew it all the time and eventually hung it on the wall. Then, lost interest until the Mavic came out. I actually regained interest on about 9/26 and started looking heavily at P4's. Was ready to pull the trigger on 9/29 and logged in to DJI's site and saw the Mavic. Did some YouTube searches and saw Casey's "Best Drone Ever" video and bought it 1-hr later! While waiting, I printed out and read the manual a couple times. Of course this forum has been great!! Just received mine yesterday, did all the F/W updates, and flew through all 3 batteries 2x! Folded it up and put it next to the GIANT Parrot AR. This thing is amazing!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 139
51 plus V.A.T. (63 years young) ,(it's close enough !! ) from Norfolk, U.K. still waiting for Santa's order of a Mavic
V.A.T. in the UK is Value Added Tax, rated at 20% added to the purchase price of just about everything you buy over here !! (except most foodstuff) (Including a Mavic !!)
Just another way our Government rips us off with a Tax on a Tax !!

Last edited:
38. I've always felt 10 years younger when I take my drones out though lol.

62 and mines in the plane coming now .
monker thumbup.gif

Yes, a poll would indeed be easier to see... but it really looks like an "older" crowd is the norm at least based on this thread... (I'm 54)

I talked to DJI at the CES show and it was obvious they were targeting the younger "gaming" crowd with promises of an "unparalleled FPV experience" when they release their new goggles.... which I fear will be large, cumbersome and have bells and whistles I don't need. I told them the whole point (to me anyway) of the Mavic was portability... and the goggles better not be larger than the Mavic itself!

Did everyone give their feedback to DJI? It is obvious they are working on variants of the Mavic - let your voice be heard.... see if this link works, not sure if they sent this just to DJI Mavic purchasers, or if it is an open survey on potential new Mavics: DJI Customer Survey

Reactions: jerryflah

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent