DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilots New Zealand

Papamoa here. I've now taken my Mavic out on about 10 flights including Huka Falls, Kaiate Falls and Tongariro Crossing. Every time it has behaved really well but EVERY TIME I find myself looking back on my footage and saying "I should've flown closer and I should've flown further". I'm sure my confidence will continue to grow until I get cocky and lose the thing altogether! Until then, enjoying the ride.

Hi Kiwi flyers...!

wanted to check what the (if any) restrictions there are in NZ on flying - apart from the NFZ. I have Third party liability insurance (bought in Germany where its compulsory, but valid worldwide). Is it ok to fly above Christchurch or Auckland? what about National Parks. Always trying to be respectful of people and wildlife of course...

thanks

Hi Kiwi flyers...!

wanted to check what the (if any) restrictions there are in NZ on flying - apart from the NFZ. I have Third party liability insurance (bought in Germany where its compulsory, but valid worldwide). Is it ok to fly above Christchurch or Auckland? what about National Parks. Always trying to be respectful of people and wildlife of course...

thanks

Nooo! Please don’t fly in the cities, it isn’t allowed. National parks are mostly protected so you’ll need to get the okay from Department of Conservation. Good luck flying in the most beautiful places....usually not allowed. :)

Reactions: finlayson
Have a look on airshare.co.nz and check out the map page for where you intend to fly and you can see any restricted airspace. Otherwise, no flying over dept of Conservation land and you are supposed to get approval from anyone whose property you fly over, which is why I mainly fly over the river here or the sea which we have an abundance of here. Also no flying over roads, for the bizarre reasoning that you might distract drivers, although I can't see how if you're up high.

Papamoa here. I've now taken my Mavic out on about 10 flights including Huka Falls, Kaiate Falls and Tongariro Crossing. Every time it has behaved really well but EVERY TIME I find myself looking back on my footage and saying "I should've flown closer and I should've flown further". I'm sure my confidence will continue to grow until I get cocky and lose the thing altogether! Until then, enjoying the ride.
Hi itsfloody,
Theres a group of about 5 of us in Tauranga who get together and fly regularly.

Tauranga here.
A group of 5 fly regularly and welcome more who want to join us us and share and learn.
I help fix and maintain Mavics and other UAVs and have a wealth of information and help.

Tauranga here.
A group of 5 fly regularly and welcome more who want to join us us and share and learn.
I help fix and maintain Mavics and other UAVs and have a wealth of information and help.

I'm from the Tron but looking for more places to fly, mind if I join you?

I'm from the Tron but looking for more places to fly, mind if I join you?
The Tron! , I will take that as Hamilton and yes you are most welcome to join us.
Anytime you are in Tauranga, just shout , holler, beat the drum, let us know when you're here and we can arrange, organise anything (weather permitting off course)
You can message me on messenger here
Messenger

I am coming to NZ for a month over December an looking for any helpful information re flying within the rules etc. thanks finlayson for those links looks great but is there an interactive map of no fly areas in NZ or any other advise that anyone would give? Thanks for any help, I'm so looking forward to coming.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU