DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 wish list!!!

My Mavic Pro 2 configuration:

-Sensors Collision on the 5-way
-Quality camera equal to 4 phantom pro:
20mp, 100mbps bitrate, sensor 1 inch, 4K 60fps, mechanical shutter, H264, H265.
-Focus manual or automatic
-The Improvement of the weaknesses of the drone, like the material of the arms.
-Duration Battery 30 minutes instead of 27.
-Gimball Detachable and mountable on a support as the karma.

Here it is. Unfortunately the detachable Gimball is a risk to the market of Osmo, so I do not think there will be, but with a drone with these specifics, we are all very happy for many years.

Axel

Last edited:
Reactions: DirkGently
I'd like to see a Mavic with dual cameras (gimbal front and rear) in addition to all the above.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

A new RC design is necessary. The way how the phone is clamped to the RC could damage the usb connection to the phone. It grabs the phone unnecessarily tight. I use Note4 and I route the connector from the outside, not through inside as design ed.

Reactions: ipaq3115
1.) more robust gimbal & camera
2.) a gimbal clamp interlock that prohibits the Mavic from powering up as long as the clamp is in place
3.) removable battery for the remote w/spares available
4.) retracting / foldable landing gear

My Mavic Pro 2 configuration:

-Sensors Collision on the 5-way
-Quality camera equal to 4 phantom pro:
20mp, 100mbps bitrate, sensor 1 inch, 4K 60fps, mechanical shutter, H264, H265.
-Focus manual or automatic
-The Improvement of the weaknesses of the drone, like the material of the arms.
-Duration Battery 30 minutes instead of 27.
-Gimball Detachable and mountable on a support as the karma.

Here it is. Unfortunately the detachable Gimball is a risk to the market of Osmo, so I do not think there will be, but with a drone with these specifics, we are all very happy for many years.

Axel

Manual focus is already in app.. But I would like a better sensor. And more efficient motors.
I tried to bring mine home in 22+ MPH winds and had to go get it. I had about 40% on the battery and it was struggling. Threw it in sports mode and the percent dropped even quicker with no real progress home.. So yeah more efficient motors! And note to self fly out against the wind, fly home with.

Manual focus is already in app.. But I would like a better sensor. And more efficient motors.
I tried to bring mine home in 22+ MPH winds and had to go get it. I had about 40% on the battery and it was struggling. Threw it in sports mode and the percent dropped even quicker with no real progress home.. So yeah more efficient motors! And note to self fly out against the wind, fly home with.

All you have to do is put it in sport mode. There is a switch on the side of the controller. It goes up to 45 miles per hour but in obstacle avoidance mode it peaks at 22 mph which would explain your trouble with an equal wind speed.

All you have to do is put it in sport mode. There is a switch on the side of the controller. It goes up to 45 miles per hour but in obstacle avoidance mode it peaks at 22 mph which would explain your trouble with an equal wind speed.

You should also descend against the wind to pick up speed.

I know the Mavic Pro just came out a couple months ago but what are some of your guys ideas on what you want on the next generation Mavic Pro?

-Obstacle avoidance sensors on all four sides

I would definitely expect more battery life or flight time. as far as adding more sensors on the sides and back I think would not be in our interest of having a smaller drone my thought was going through on a straight line of sight like through branches,doorways,large cylinder etc. if the side sensors pick up anything wouldn't it shoot it to the opposite side and maybe hit another branch or possibly lock it in a position it would not be able to get out of? now on the other hand if they did add them I would like the option to be able to shut off the side sensors so I can pass through objects in a straight line that's just my thought

the one sensor that may be beneficial is an above sensor activated during upward elevation only
and course the camera

Last edited:
id like to see more clearance under the drone, maybe telescopic legs
an accessory handle could then be attached underneath to catch it for landing and taking off on boats
the remote needs to have an extension through the middle of it to expand it to fit any ipad, tablet etc as the current one is a mare for anything other than a cell phone.
The camera could be placed in the middle underneath the drone (given enough clearance) that could be a 360 gimbal on a retractable arm, then if crashed its protected. The senors could be shifted to the front and back.
Battery life to 40 minutes
Camera upgraded, lets face it, thats why we have them so the big bucks should be thrown into this area.
The 4 way charger changed so it can charge all 4 batteries at once

Someone already mentioned Mechanical Shutter. So yeah fully settable aperture for less reliance on ND filters.

Remove compass system and fly-by optical flow system. Using multiple cameras and smarts, i would love to see the Mavic 2 use cameras for positioning and direction, exactly how it works now with VPS, but 500 meters up (maybe leave the compass and gps as a redundancy).

AND BRING BACK ATTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone already mentioned Mechanical Shutter. So yeah fully settable aperture for less reliance on ND filters.

I'm afraid stopping down would worsen the image quality with the small 1/2.3" sensor because of diffraction. There's a reason the variable aperture only exists on models with larger sensors.

Realistically, I'd expect obstacle avoidance on all sides, perhaps slightly longer flight times, and an improved camera with no hotspot issue, better corner sharpness, and 4k60.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada