DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 4k flight jerky

jimmylee

Reactions
Hi guys

Did my first proper short flight video yesterday. I have the gimble trimmed and very gentle on the stick so it's not the flight problem.

It was shot at 1/60 shutter speed and at 4k 25fps.

I notice there is a stuttering of the video. What could be the cause? Must it be exactly 1/50 and below for shutter speed? Have not recieve my nd filter yet so can't really test it with that speed.

Also please look at the video , and I appreciate your expert eyes to help me spot any problems with the image quality and also settings that I should amend before my holiday trip to Finland.

It was done on ART -1-3-3 and colour grade on premier pro cc using the free Ground Control Lut.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Jimmy

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

By turning off the Cache of Video the on board processors will have more available cycles to devote to storing the 4 K footage. I am wondering if this will be of a benefit.

I think your shot looks fine. The stuttering you refer in the video was it when you yaw your Mavic?

When I yaw on my MP it does stuttered as well. So I don't do much yawing. Here is my shot you can refer to, also shot in the same setting as yours

I notice most of the professional drone shot don't do much on yawing. Only pitch (front back) and roll (left right). I could be wrong ;)

You can check out Phil's drone shot with MP too

By turning off the Cache of Video the on board processors will have more available cycles to devote to storing the 4 K footage.

BD0G, maybe I am missing something, but the drone shouldn't have any more or less work to do if you tell your phone/tablet to cache the incoming video onto the phone/tablet's storage device.

I would look at whether a faster sd card was available, and to use it on the drone itself, sure.

BD0G, maybe I am missing something, but the drone shouldn't have any more or less work to do if you tell your phone/tablet to cache the incoming video onto the phone/tablet's storage device.

I would look at whether a faster sd card was available, and to use it on the drone itself, sure.

Forgot to comment on this. I think that cache video is record on the DJI Apps itself and save on your phone. I guess it shouldn't be affecting the jerk and etc.

Faster SD card will definitely help ;) But it doesn't required 90Mb/s fast card ;)

Thank you all.

Gingercookie, it not obvious in this clip but on the original footage is very obvious. Not just yaw parts but also the forward flying portion too.

It looks like a olden days film projection, a bit of juddering as the image moves.

I think your shot looks fine. The stuttering you refer in the video was it when you yaw your Mavic?

When I yaw on my MP it does stuttered as well. So I don't do much yawing. Here is my shot you can refer to, also shot in the same setting as yours

I notice most of the professional drone shot don't do much on yawing. Only pitch (front back) and roll (left right). I could be wrong ;)

You can check out Phil's drone shot with MP too

I thought I saw this videos in Philip blooms youtube?

The jerkiness of the video is throughout the whole video from beginning to end....not those that stall and restart kind of video at specific parts of the video.

This is not normal

My Mavic is being sent back for the exact same issue.

Its almost like a motion blur stutter but not smooth or very natural looking at all.

Mine is very noticeable on straight edges especially and it gets this flashing effect.

Lots of users are experiencing this unfortunately.

I tried a multitude of tests including firmware roll back and trying different SD cards.

Nothing helped

Reactions: hammer737
The jerkiness of the video is throughout the whole video from beginning to end....not those that stall and restart kind of video at specific parts of the video.

Do you have longer version of flight? I stream it on my tv in 4K Chromecast Ultra. It look ok when moving forward/up/down. The jerk is obvious when yaw.

Since you mentioned it, i check my video.. I notice the jerk too :(

Hey guys, I check another video, a guy using P4 Pro, notice the jerk too, could it be the Wind?

I took a closer look. There is a stalled frame about once per second on my playback. It's a 25fps source video, as you said. So I wonder if it's a 24 @ 25 issue (aka a pull-down), or a 25 vs 60Hz refresh rate on common 5K monitors like the iMac.

Hey guys, I think Halley is right on the refresh rate, I tried on a 23" 4K monitor with 50Hz it seems no jerk at all.

After that I found out Chromecast Ultra has an option to enable 50Hz refresh rate, after enable that, it's all smooth and great.

I guess right TV/Monitor is important too ;)

Hey guys, I think Halley is right on the refresh rate, I tried on a 23" 4K monitor with 50Hz it seems no jerk at all.

After that I found out Chromecast Ultra has an option to enable 50Hz refresh rate, after enable that, it's all smooth and great.

I guess right TV/Monitor is important too ;)

Is there any way to change the refresh rate (Hz) in post? or is it better to film in 30fps to match the 60Hz standard?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair