DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro battery & antenna mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No root here. New phone. Don't know if I want to go through all that and try different ROMs until I find one that's stable with the current but changeable Go4.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
And we need to fly 5 miles out because...... ?

Unless you're doing a land survey in TX or other unpopulated spot this seems like a pointless mod. I can't even think of a cinematic reason why flying 5 miles would be necessary. Are you applying for a job at Amazon?

Not so much for flying 5 miles out, but rather for
densely wooded and wifi areas. fly with confidence
with stronger antennas, rather then cheap stock ones.

Also, circular polarization antenna are not meant for photography or video based drones. The signal does not favor a stable flying platform and will lead to an unstable signal.

Well, it's been 2 years with my phantom 3 pro with
circular polarization antennas with boosters, and I
have been making many videos without any issues
even in hi WIFI areas. 2 -3 miles out. also with birght
leds to see LOS..

You may want to start at the beginning of this post to understand
why I quoted him....

I read it all and have a very clear understanding. His question was to another member because he was looking to understand something within the discussion.

How did your reply help him?

But I did do the homework. I
looked up the websites of three of these "Range Extender" companies. I recall that one of them was "Maxx UAV" and I don't recall that name of the other two offhand. None of the companies had any technical info at all on their "Range Extenders". If you happen to have bought your "Range Extender" from a company that actually does provide technical info, please share the company name and their link which describes the technical info because I, as a Ph.D. research physicist , would be very curious to see the data.
A product of our screwed up education system. The only information that's really needed, the frequency, dbi and wave form of the stock antenna vs frequency, dbi and wave form of the extender. If they both have the same wave form and say the stock is a 3dbi antenna and the extender is an 8dbi it would be a huge improvement.

Btw I have a Phd in real world applications of making sure body wire audio designed to save someone's life always works...

Having read through this whole thread (ad nauseam) I can't say I've really learnt anything that would direct me to purchase these antennas. I agree with Wombat, I want radiation patterns. I buy most of my antennas from Video Areial Systems and they always and I mean always publish these, and low and behold, they perform as advertised. It allows me to make an informed purchasing decision. And I don't have (or need) a PHD to make the right choice. All I need to do is understand the trade-offs and actual performance to see if it suits my flying style. The other thing I want is real world reviews from owners that are presented with a bit of substance. So far not found in this thread... I'm excited by the prospect of longer range, having a narrower signal not so much.

Having read through this whole thread (ad nauseam) I can't say I've really learnt anything that would direct me to purchase these antennas. I agree with Wombat, I want radiation patterns. I buy most of my antennas from Video Areial Systems and they always and I mean always publish these, and low and behold, they perform as advertised. It allows me to make an informed purchasing decision. And I don't have (or need) a PHD to make the right choice. All I need to do is understand the trade-offs and actual performance to see if it suits my flying style. The other thing I want is real world reviews from owners that are presented with a bit of substance. So far not found in this thread... I'm excited by the prospect of longer range, having a narrower signal not so much.

So what was your informed purchasing decision on buying the Mavic pro? was it the so claimed 4.3 mile range? your not going to get that
range unless you live on a beach or a desert. so in reality you must
test your range in real life circumstances, rather then paper back
mislead information..... these 9dbi yagi antennas I bought for my Mavic
do work very well...and made a very big gain on distance...

Last edited:
I'm in the country so I have played with distance alittle, no way are you going to get close to 4 miles out 2 is about it,on a good day. Also have to be at 200 ft, which is ok unless you want to get down closer for pic., to me that's the advantage of extender. I'm very interested...

Sent from my VS986 using MavicPilots mobile app

I'm in the country so I have played with distance alittle, no way are you going to get close to 4 miles out 2 is about it,on a good day. Also have to be at 200 ft, which is ok unless you want to get down closer for pic., to me that's the advantage of extender. I'm very interested...

Sent from my VS986 using MavicPilots mobile app

That's not true, 4 miles is easy if no interference. I had mine out 3.5 miles and had full signal. You need to orient antenna and remote correctly.

How many minutes are you getting @jkantiques
I can't get more than 32 mins in good conditions with a battery mod. But temps are not very high here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada