DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

So I didn't go through all 20 pages of this thread to see, maybe it's been answered already. What's the cost of this mod to add 6 extra minutes flight time?

The cost really varies. If you already own a LiPo/LiHv charger then all you need are the external batteries, a good one costs around $22. The mod is available for I believe $40 + shipping. You could also make your own pretty easily with some simple tools. The strong lock Velcro is around $4. The 3D printed mount is not a necessity but if your worried about the batteries falling off isn't a bad idea. The controller mod is a completely different story though. I have done some more tests with LiHv and I still believe using two on either side of the Mavic is best, now my new results with those is around 6.3 min on sport mode which to me is an amazing amount of time. It's up to you if you feel it is worth it or not, but for me those extra minutes can be the difference from a failed shoot to a successful one.

Reactions: Natedoggz
cf2f74a034fc9bb3699fb1be194b2f4c.jpg

Just playing around with 13-17mph winds! trying to keep it @ 40% tach sports mode, with the battery mod and 2 = 1500mah lipo's, wish it wasn't so windy I would have tried a distance test. But happy with results for a total of 2lb 6oz!
ee11fd69c4dfcc2d3d043fa128306130.jpg

Mavic Pro ""Why do the battery mod""

Great video Cruzroy, I definitely understand the reasons why and love the tickenering!
The dual battery mount you made is holding up great and no complaints at all, I have done small alterations for my personal well being (table grinder and dremal to get it to fit a bit better in my case lol) Can't wait for your other design you made me to come, just got and email in production now. Im thinking just a bit more stable with the new mount, so more batteries will be on the way.

thanks again, very interested in your mod and keen to do the same thing, but with the Mavic intellegent batteries being HV cells 4.35V, does this cause an issue? if the batteries are arranged in parallel the extension cell being a lower voltage will accept current from the intellegent cell to equalise but due to the higher voltages it may end up in a fireball.
you may actually get are longer flight time if you had HV cells, im keen to try this!

thanks again, very interested in your mod and keen to do the same thing, but with the Mavic intellegent batteries being HV cells 4.35V, does this cause an issue? if the batteries are arranged in parallel the extension cell being a lower voltage will accept current from the intellegent cell to equalise but due to the higher voltages it may end up in a fireball.
you may actually get are longer flight time if you had HV cells, im keen to try this!
I have tried them, I don't like that my drone kept turning off and charging and plus lipos are cheaper and a lot of other rc people have them laying around

Thanks buddy. Now just need to get one of those mounts. For the side batteries. Bought 2 x 1800mAh 3S for the sides. Love the ability to have that extra flight time. Specially while filming. It always seems that the action starts when you have to start flying back or the battery is about to die hehe. I also have a nice decal on my Mavic. So those mounts will help to preserve it. 5 to 10 minutes of extra flight time is a LOT. Will probably make a big difference while filming. Did you have any issue with battery erros while using yours? I haven't got mine yet so just asking.

Reactions: cwquek
No problems at all, it's a great add on mod, I was going to buy a 4th battery just for well being but I think I'll wait to do that till the original battery show signs of depletion. Then I have a reason for another.

ok guys, ive been asked alot about printing and selling files, but now i dont have time, i wish i did, caz i have many designs and i sell the .STL files on redpah.com for different drones, but i always before have used 3dhubs.com to make a part or shapeways, but shapeways takes forever to get parts, and 3dhubs let you pick who prints them, and he could be right next door to you, or from what i hear if your local library has a printer, they use it for kids to practice, and you can get your part for a few bucks........but anyways i thought i would put a little tutorial on how to use 3dhubs.......its easy

first go to 3dhubs.com
ScreenShot012.jpg

click on ..... browse 3d print services
ScreenShot013.jpg it will ask you to upload a file, that you got from me or any other site, just make sure you put it where you can find.....like the desktop

ScreenShot015.jpg

then just click and drag it to the drop box, and it will load on there site

ScreenShot017.jpg

you should see a little picture of the part if it loaded properly, and if you click the part you can see it better

ScreenShot018.jpg

now if your happy click on material selection

ScreenShot020.jpg

i choose high end resin, but abs and pla or even flexible are good for any rc applications, plus resins are way more expensive, i use abs the most, just will a 100% fill,cant get any stronger than that

ScreenShot021.jpg

now that window popped up and shows you all the people that are associated with 3dhubs and where they are located and shipping cost and cost of part, it usually goes to the guy closets to you
so chose you person and your material

ScreenShot023.jpg ScreenShot024.jpg

then click next and it will go to a payment window, i always use paypal......but you can pay many ways

sorry wont let me add more than ten photos, but i hope you get the idea......

hope that helps

or you might have a whole lot of ideas pop in your head, so buy a 3d printer, and have fun......i do

Attachments

• ScreenShot025.jpg
    ScreenShot025.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 132
No problems at all, it's a great add on mod, I was going to buy a 4th battery just for well being but I think I'll wait to do that till the original battery show signs of depletion. Then I have a reason for another.
does your drone's battery turn off that much? i read that lipo should not turn off the main battery off/ Charge the main battery. that should happen when using LiHV. from what i read.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627