Wiring

dLITgen.jpg

Glued in place

19qpL6n.jpg

Decided to T it ... about to cut negative line to length

9crssT7.jpg

Final product

3ODMxZH.jpg
Hey digdat, I am going to attempt your power mod today. I was wondering if you had anymore internal close up pictures of the soldering points?

Reactions: digdat0
Hey digdat, I am going to attempt your power mod today. I was wondering if you had anymore internal close up pictures of the soldering points?
Hey bud. Not to interfere, have you seen the internals i posted lately? Pretty straight forward, you can get rid of some silicone if you need more soldering area! Also Cybernate posted a pic for similar mod and how the wiring is done.

And now some numbers. Still feel sick. Did hover/small patterns with a good wind in my backyard @ 2m to check the direct mod. I do get different findings than @CyberNate when it comes to external battery behaviour but actually quite happy. Along with this some motor temps measured since my battery is aft of CoG.
I used the 5200mAh LiHv, direct mod, and 2 equally (ab) used and charged December main batteries.

First stock:

Bat remaining after flight: 12% (3.68V/cell)
Duration : 20 min
Max battery temp: 57.3 C
Front motor temp: 43 C
Rear motor temp: 44 C

With external 5200

Duration : 30 min
Max battery temp: 56.8 C
Front motor temp: 42 C
Rear motor temp: 48 C
External bat voltage after flight: 3.66V/cell.

Hey bud. Not to interfere, have you seen the internals i posted lately? Pretty straight forward, you can get rid of some silicone if you need more soldering area! Also Cybernate posted a pic for similar mod and how the wiring is done.

I just saw your soldering pics maklek. You are skilled, I struggle with quality soldering. I already hacked my power cables thinking it might be easier to solder off the main board, then to realize its probably too tight of a space to solder for a mediocre technician who made this executive decision late last night after a few pints (or more).

drone-range-test-16.png drone-range-test-15.png

Reactions: MacIak

yeah, lemme see what i can find, lets hope i didnt delete. be back with pics soon

And now some numbers. Still feel sick. Did hover/small patterns with a good wind in my backyard @ 2m to check the direct mod. I do get different findings than @CyberNate when it comes to external battery behaviour but actually quite happy. Along with this some motor temps measured since my battery is aft of CoG.
I used the 5200mAh LiHv, direct mod, and 2 equally (ab) used and charged December main batteries.

First stock:

Duration : 20 min
Max battery temp: 57.3 C
Front motor temp: 43 C
Rear motor temp: 44 C

With external 5200

Duration : 30 min
Max battery temp: 56.8 C
Front motor temp: 42 C
Rear motor temp: 48 C
External bat voltage after flight: 3.66V/cell.
Which part is different? I don't measure hover time, but rather forward motion.

I should add, my flights were down to under 4% battery.

this is how i did it, i didnt like the idea of splicing that main power line, mwas more comfy soldering to the power lead below. I think you could sodler to the bottom ofthe power connector too, if i did it again i may do it there.

9crssT7.jpg

dLITgen.jpg

I just saw your soldering pics maklek. You are skilled, I struggle with quality soldering. I already hacked my power cables thinking it might be easier to solder off the main board, then to realize its probably too tight of a space to solder for a mediocre technician who made this executive decision late last night after a few pints (or more).

View attachment 16125 View attachment 16126

btw, your doing fine there man .. you can do it. Twist the wires so they aren't frayed and put a little solder on each side. Then hold the two together with some tweezers or needle nose pliers gently and touch the iron to that solder, it should bring the two together. Dont use your fingers, too hot and small spot. Then you can bridge to the power line. It seems daunting, but you can do it man. we are here to help too

btw, your doing fine there man .. you can do it. Twist the wires so they aren't frayed and put a little solder on each side. Then hold the two together with some tweezers or needle nose pliers gently and touch the iron to that solder, it should bring the two together. Dont use your fingers, too hot and small spot. Then you can bridge to the power line. It seems daunting, but you can do it man. we are here to help too

I appreciate your support guys. Many other forums are all about "stump the chump" and the millennial trolls looking to drag you down in order to make their useless lives seem more important. Wow, just have a free therapy session!

Which part is different? I don't measure hover time, but rather forward motion.

I should add, my flights were down to under 4% battery.

Maybe i should have explained:
Im not in the physical state to go out for a flight and am limited by the lateral limits of my backyard to a maximum of 2.5m so the village people won't storm my door with torches and pitchforks dressed in pointy masks.
I observe an equal draw of juice from main and external, really in synch. I remember you mentioning the externals run out first, maybe that's a symptom which occurs way below 10%.
All in all the mod is a success with no nasty side-effects.
Note: because my battery covers quite a bit of the rear it needs a bit more time collect gps satellites. Solid when it's done.

Edit off topic:
Just had another hot air balloon overflying the village @under 150'. Happens more often than drones. The people on board carry serious cameras with telelenses. Never ever a complaint though.."ahh look dear, so pretty..."
It was climbing again by the time i grabbed my phone for a snap.

20170629_211452.jpg

Last edited:
I found 2 clear spaces to drill through and made this tight and flush connection point. I think I might permanently glue or epoxy this in place. What do you guys think? Getting closer :)

drone-range-test-18.png drone-range-test-17.png

Reactions: ClaudioNC
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada