DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro crashes in water... but lives!

Jonno

Reactions
I had a really great weekend until Sunday when I tried to catch my Mavic on our boat. It was windy and getting rougher, the battery alarm was on, everything that could go wrong did... I panicked! I brought the Mavic in real close and it hit a rope and crashed into the water. (fresh) Without even thinking I jumped into the water still holding my controller with my wife's iPhone 6s still attached! I grabbed the Mavic and held it and the controller out of the water as I swam back towards the boat. I was miserable. The battery on the drone was making funny lights. I turned it off straight away. I also turned the controller off when I got back int the boat. Same with the iPhone 6s. All up, all the gear went to maybe a foot deep and was maybe in the water for 2-3 seconds. This was going to be an expensive trip!

We got back to shore and I shook water out of all 4 items. Mavic Pro, controller, battery and iPhone 6s. Took a few hours to get home and I put all the items in a container with rice. The iPhone seemed to be working fine but the camera wasn't working. Panic!

By Monday it was fine. But the Mavic was not. I tried it with another battery and the gimbal was doing funny things and the sensor system was showing an error A0000C. I looked at the left 'eye' sensor and it had condensation in it. Back into the rice. The controller seemed was not working on battery. When I plugged it in to charge it was working, but as soon as I unplugged it, it died. Back into the rice.

Tuesday the controller was working off battery and the condensation was gone but the sensor system error was still showing on the Mavic. Back into the rice.

Today, (Friday) I got it out of the rice again and ... no errors!! The Mavic is now back totally 100%!!! The controller is perfect as is the iPhone. The battery that was in the Mavic when it went down is still sitting in rice making funny light patterns. I had already booked in the Mavic for a Care refresh but now I'm wondering if I will even bother!?

So there you go... one very happy Mavic Pro owner here!

A new battery alone is going to cost you $85 so, for $79, it might be worth your while sending it in and start fresh. Yes its working now, but who knows what long term affects the water might cause you. If you have the patience to wait a month, they will send you a replacement Mavic and battery. That's what I would do.

Only problem is Refresh doesnt cover the controller, so you might be stuck with that, but you might get lucky and they might send you a new one.

Reactions: Qoncussion
A new battery alone is going to cost you $85 so, for $79, it might be worth your while sending it in and start fresh. Yes its working now, but who knows what long term affects the water might cause you. If you have the patience to wait a month, they will send you a replacement Mavic and battery. That's what I would do.

Only problem is Refresh doesnt cover the controller, so you might be stuck with that, but you might get lucky and they might send you a new one.
Hearing all the horror stories about what people are getting back from "refresh", I think I would stick with the one you have - especially since it's working just fine. Besides, you two have been through a lot together. You've already bonded :)

:)... yeah... well now the longer I use it, the funnier it seems to get... VPS sometimes cuts out... it doesn't seem to be connecting to as many satellites... sadly I think I'm going to have to send the (old) girl back.

Reactions: HHH
Hi didnt ur gimbal motor burn out? I just crash today in the water as well (fresh) everything is working except the camera wont show up on the screen and the gimbal is overheating and have something to do with it motor. when fall down the river i saw the smoke came out is well is ur hv smoke?

I had a really great weekend until Sunday when I tried to catch my Mavic on our boat. It was windy and getting rougher, the battery alarm was on, everything that could go wrong did... I panicked! I brought the Mavic in real close and it hit a rope and crashed into the water. (fresh) Without even thinking I jumped into the water still holding my controller with my wife's iPhone 6s still attached! I grabbed the Mavic and held it and the controller out of the water as I swam back towards the boat. I was miserable. The battery on the drone was making funny lights. I turned it off straight away. I also turned the controller off when I got back int the boat. Same with the iPhone 6s. All up, all the gear went to maybe a foot deep and was maybe in the water for 2-3 seconds. This was going to be an expensive trip!

We got back to shore and I shook water out of all 4 items. Mavic Pro, controller, battery and iPhone 6s. Took a few hours to get home and I put all the items in a container with rice. The iPhone seemed to be working fine but the camera wasn't working. Panic!

By Monday it was fine. But the Mavic was not. I tried it with another battery and the gimbal was doing funny things and the sensor system was showing an error A0000C. I looked at the left 'eye' sensor and it had condensation in it. Back into the rice. The controller seemed was not working on battery. When I plugged it in to charge it was working, but as soon as I unplugged it, it died. Back into the rice.

Tuesday the controller was working off battery and the condensation was gone but the sensor system error was still showing on the Mavic. Back into the rice.

Today, (Friday) I got it out of the rice again and ... no errors!! The Mavic is now back totally 100%!!! The controller is perfect as is the iPhone. The battery that was in the Mavic when it went down is still sitting in rice making funny light patterns. I had already booked in the Mavic for a Care refresh but now I'm wondering if I will even bother!?

So there you go... one very happy Mavic Pro owner here!

You really panic that jumped into the water with RC and the phone still attached . But anyway I did used the DJI refresh and even though they sent me a refurbished one ( it really looks brand new) never have not issues or problem with my replacement , everything is working fine. My point is I know a lot of peoples have issues with the replacement but remember that DJI still have warranty in the one they sent you.

Hi didnt ur gimbal motor burn out? I just crash today in the water as well (fresh) everything is working except the camera wont show up on the screen and the gimbal is overheating and have something to do with it motor. when fall down the river i saw the smoke came out is well is ur hv smoke?
All electronics are made of smoke. If you let the smoke out, it's finished. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000