DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro distance ?

Gareth Chan

Reactions
Hi all,

Today I flew my Mavic Pro for the 2nd time since I bought it a week ago and it was great fun. I read that this thing can fly as far as 7km away from the controller but today I tried flying far but still within my line of sight. I'm sure it wasn't even 1km and my controller already started ringing and saying weak signal with controller or something. What would possibly make that happen as I'm hoping to fly further?

The rf output power gets restricted to your loocal laws, based on GPS position. 7km is only possible in FCC mode, in CE mode it is much less, maybe near 4km. I don't know your location, maybe the restriction there is even more than CE.
Be sure that your remote's antennas are staying straight upwards and parallel to each other, the flat front sides of the antennas should be directed to the Mavic for best range.

The rf output power gets restricted to your loocal laws, based on GPS position. 7km is only possible in FCC mode, in CE mode it is much less, maybe near 4km. I don't know your location, maybe the restriction there is even more than CE.
Be sure that your remote's antennas are staying straight upwards and parallel to each other, the flat front sides of the antennas should be directed to the Mavic for best range.
Thanks for the reply! My remote antennas are staring straight upwards like you said. I'm not sure my restrictions but I'm in Hong Kong. Is there a way to set it to bypass it? I mean coz I'm not even making 1km. It was pretty close to me maybe like 300ft away or less and it said I'm starting to lose bars on my antenna.

There is a graph where you can view the noise levels in the band. If you're in a city it can be horribly high and having that effect.

Reactions: Andrew F
Thanks for the reply! My remote antennas are staring straight upwards like you said. I'm not sure my restrictions but I'm in Hong Kong. Is there a way to set it to bypass it? I mean coz I'm not even making 1km. It was pretty close to me maybe like 300ft away or less and it said I'm starting to lose bars on my antenna.
You were likely experiencing significant interference. Not much you can easily do in such a congested urban area. Be careful!

Hi all,

Today I flew my Mavic Pro for the 2nd time since I bought it a week ago and it was great fun. I read that this thing can fly as far as 7km away from the controller but today I tried flying far but still within my line of sight. I'm sure it wasn't even 1km and my controller already started ringing and saying weak signal with controller or something. What would possibly make that happen as I'm hoping to fly further?

Today I flew 3.1 miles (over 16400 feet) one way down the beach with a slight head wind. Perfectly good video and control signal the whole way. Then the Mavic decided it was time and did an automatic return to home. When it landed there was about 23% battery remaining. Round trip about 21 minutes and 6.2 miles. All with standard settings and unmodified hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: SkeeterHarris
Today I flew 3.1 miles (over 16400 feet) one way down the beach with a slight head wind. Perfectly good video and control signal the whole way. Then the Mavic decided it was time and did an automatic return to home. When it landed there was about 23% battery remaining. Round trip about 21 minutes and 6.2 miles. All with standard settings and unmodified hardware.

No sport mode? That's solid flight time. Most I have ever gotten is 22min, but I use sport mode frequently.

I live in the north country and I can only get 2.5k max. I'm starting to think there's a flaw. I shouldn't be getting any interference.

I am a bit conservative but did a 2.5 mile flight at 200', so 5 miles round trip and landed with 30%. I figure that's as far as I will ever need to go. No wind to speak of so it would be less with any wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada