DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro does not power on

mitrovic

Reactions
Just got my new Mavic Pro I ordered through the DJI Website.

I have loaded successfully the main battery and the controller. Both are 100%. I have mounted the propellers and by doing so I did touch the power on button. The drone came to life, but I was not able to shut it down. Then I tried to power on the controller which did not work, but suddenly worked, but showed only "connecting". Then I was not able to shut the drone down, but after a while and pressing differently I succeeded. But the I was not able to power down the controller. After a while it powered down by itself.
Then I removed the gimbal plastic clamp and put the drone to R/C mode ( it was in WIFI ) and put the controller in P flight mode ( it was in sport mode ), but now I can not power the drone on?
What is happening?
B.t.w. because of the chinese New Year DJI support does not work )
Thank you!

I have found the controller to be a little touchy when it comes to powering on and off. You have to push it once hard, and then press again hard and hold it until it actually powers on. Same with powering off. Push, release, push and hold for 3 or 4 seconds or more. DJI designed this sequence as a failsafe to help users avoid pushing the power button by accident during flight and turning off their controller.

Oh for what its worth, try to remove the gimbal clamp before powering on the drone. If you forget a few times, you can eventually damage your gimbal.

One last thing, can I ask why you were in wifi mode? I wouldnt play with that switch too much, it could only lead to problems if you never intend to fly in wifi mode.

And I just found the answer: To power it on you need to press twice! First short, then long! Did I miss it in the books?

Yes, you must have missed it! The important thing when you're turning on the controller, and the drone , is the sequence of pushing the button. One push and release, followed immediately by a long push.....if you wait too long, it won't work.

mitrovic, if you don't have it already, you can download the Mavic manual from the Mavic downloads page.

No expert here, but I feel your pain.

Start from scratch. Take out your battery, disconnect your phone, power down everything. Then re-read the manual on startup procedures. (I think you need to re-read the entire manual, I suspect.) The Mavic has to be in RC mode for the controller to control it. Wireless is just for when you want to use your phone as a controller. Don't do that yet. Keep it in RC mode.

Install your battery but don't turn it on yet. BEFORE you power up the Mavic remove the gimbal clamp, otherwise you could burn up the gimbal motor. Connect your phone to the controller, run the DJI GO 4 App, select your device (Mavic) and power on your controller first by pressing the on/off button once and then pressing and holding it down to power it on. Next, do the same thing with your drone battery to power up the Mavic: press the button once then press and hold it again until all 4 lights on the battery light up in succession, the Mavic goes through its pre-flight motions, and the LED lights are on. Then wait until the phone, controller and Mavic all sync up and your 2 monitor readouts show all of the indications they are supposed to in order for you to takeoff (GPS lock, connections, distance displays, camera display, etc.) which takes only moments.

Once you're there, pull both sticks down toward the center to engage the rotors are else swipe the auto takeoff function which will launch the Mavic and hover it about 4 feet off the ground until you move the sticks.

Just a suggestion: in your post you stated that when things went wrong you had no luck with your Mavic until you "...started pressing differently (I succeeded)". That's not exactly the way you want your response to be when things go awry with your drone. You want to KNOW what button to hit, what to do, in the event of a calamity, and that only comes with digesting the online Mavic manual, watching the videos that are out there about the Mavic, and getting tips from this forum from those who have been where you are going.

Good luck with your Mavic and getting to know it better. Take your time. Rome wasn't filmed in a day!

Thanks to all the helpful and fast replies! Yes, there is a lot to learn! But the first flight went well now!
Yes I have downloaded the manual and have read it, but I can't recall that there is the sequence described in it?!
Of course it was not helpful that it was in the WIFI mode, too. But everything is fine now!

Thanks to all the helpful and fast replies! Yes, there is a lot to learn! But the first flight went well now!
Yes I have downloaded the manual and have read it, but I can't recall that there is the sequence described in it?!
Of course it was not helpful that it was in the WIFI mode, too. But everything is fine now!

You tube videos are also a good start off point for any issues that may arise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett