DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro EU compliance and transmit power

scoopdreams

Reactions
The mavic during our trials just now in an urban environment had control link unusable at about 1km.

The box states that it is a Mavic Pro (EU) version. Read earlier is the transmission power is regulated based on GPS location. We are based in Singapore where it does not fall under EU standards cap.

Is there a way I can verify what tx power is it on (eu standards caps the power pretty low).

Hi scoopdreams.
i want to forward you this thread link about european limitations versus rest of the world:
Range limitations CE and FCC... going over?

Sad to know it's maybe a physical and technical limitation.

Thanks Fredo, that was what I read before but could not find it again. However that said, we are in Singapore and not EU, yet the mavic pro dji sent us at the back of the box says Mavic Pro (EU).

So wondering if we are in let's say US, will the controller go to FCC power limits? Or is the power limit hardbaked into the controller and we've (by mistake) received an EU version.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

wondering if we are in let's say US, will the controller go to FCC power limits?
It will. FCC/CE is auto selected based on the Mavic's current GPS location when it starts up.

It's the second time i heard about someone in singapore having a EU version in his hand. I can't remember where it was the first time, maybe you are the same. But i already heard about it.

There is a way to control the power, but you will need some technical knowing and equipment.
I have it because it's more or less my job. But... i don't have yet my Mavic! :(

I'll probably check it when i'll have mine. You need to open your controller, unplug the antenna coax (or unsold if not plugged) and go threw a professional power meter that accept inputs around 2.4Ghz.
Not really difficult in fact... but impossible without this powermeter.

It will. FCC/CE is auto selected based on the Mavic's current GPS location when it starts up.
Do you have an official source for this? When I fly my t600 inspire 1 in the same testing spot I can hit about 2km. Today with the mavic pro I'm getting 980m-ish before control is lost entirely.

38c5928b67c781670d2086618eac07da.jpg

If it's auto selected why would they need to label (EU) on the box?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Difference between EU and US can also be for the power charger plug type. They are different. And like in France it's 220V but 110V in US.

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

Difference between EU and US can also be for the power charger plug type. They are different. And like in France it's 220V but 110V in US.

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app
Good point! I'm hoping that's the case and it's just the plug, since the adapter is rated 100V to 220V.

Just that for range testing today it seems a little disappointing.

@ scoopdreams
You are the 4th person posting his Mavic serial number!

Thank you!

Reactions: scoopdreams
@ scoopdreams
You are the 4th person posting his Mavic serial number!

Thank you!
Woops does it matter? I mean it's on the board Identifier, if you have it what are you going to do with it? I would understand if it's a Social Security number...

No. DJI has been doing this since the Phantom 3 was released.

They want to ensure you get the proper power adapter.

View attachment 754
Thank you so much! Feel a little more assured now. Just that very recently for transmitters such as the Taranis they are required to hard limit power for EU sales.

I do hope DJI's soft switch based on GPS coordinates still stand, as this EU policy is quite recent.

I'm just trying to make you aware of what you did... And do not worry... I'm not going to do anything with it.
I'm sure other people could (if they want) misuse it.

I'm just trying to make you aware of what you did, and do not worry... I'm not going to do anything with it.
I'm sure other people could (if they want) misuse it.
Ah thanks for the thought! Though given DJI's web of connectivity (ID registered to email, baked in on board chip, tracking via Go app), I would think it should be relatively safe no one would want to (or try to) spoof the ID.

For now too lazy to do pixellation, I think for the discussion at hand will leave it as it is.

Really appreciate it though!

Thank you so much! Feel a little more assured now. Just that very recently for transmitters such as the Taranis they are required to hard limit power for EU sales.

I do hope DJI's soft switch based on GPS coordinates still stand, as this EU policy is quite recent.

However this does not explain why your range is limited when flying in singapore wich is not under EU aerial rules.
You should ask DJI directly. And don't forget to post their answer. ;)

However this does not explain why your range is limited when flying in singapore wich is not under EU aerial rules.
You should ask DJI directly. And don't forget to post their answer. ;)
I'm thinking it could be a higher noise floor compared to when I flew the inspire 1 about a month ago. Will be going to another country with real countryside next week, will do the trials there and report back.

According to the Mavic user manual page 56:

Transmitter Power ( EIRP ) FCC: ≤ 26 dBm; CE: ≤ 20 dBm

This translates into FCC ≤ 400 milliwatts transmitted power ; CE ≤ 100 milliwatts transmitted power.

Hope it helps.

Great idea. You should do testing and testing again to be sure.
And maybe you should find some others singaporian Mavic users wich have a (non EU) version and make a fly side by side and compare your signal strenght.
Searching youtube and forums is i think a good idea.

According to the Mavic user manual page 56:

Transmitter Power ( EIRP ) FCC: ≤ 26 dBm; CE: ≤ 20 dBm

This translates into FCC ≤ 400 milliwatts transmitted power ; CE ≤ 100 milliwatts transmitted power.

Hope it helps.

Thanks, good to see some numbers.
one solution is maybe adding a power amplifier to increse of 6dB the antenna signal. That will work if only the remote controller is reduced for CE.
If the Mavic power is also reduced... we are locked.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka