DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Fishing Release Mechanism from Dronefishing.com

Downunder

Reactions
Just got the first batch of fishing line release mechanisms from Dronefishing.com

It comes with the release mechanism with LED housing to clamp around the front arm, 2 rubber fitting clamps (1 spare), charging cable and real leg extension.

Going to give it a try this weekend. The plastic housing is a strange material. Very rough plastic (Does not look 3D printed)

Powered from an internal LIPO battery.

To release the bait you program your C1 controller button to turn the front Mavic LED's nav lights on and off and the sensor on the end of the arm moves a servo in the housing to release the bait.

Weighs less than 50g

IMG_20170511_122021.jpg IMG_20170511_122137.jpg IMG_20170511_122144.jpg IMG_20170511_122154.jpg IMG_20170511_122217.jpg IMG_20170511_122223.jpg IMG_20170511_122243.jpg

Get some video of you baiting it and of the drop if you can please.

I'll do a video the weekend. I'll make a drop line to keep the main line and bait away from the props as recommended. I've got refresh cover so she'll be good. Worst comes to worst DJI are still making Mavics right?

Reactions: Rnl and bakerboy
Done plenty of drone fishing before. Here's my phantom 3 pro in action.

Just got the first batch of fishing line release mechanisms from Dronefishing.com

It comes with the release mechanism with LED housing to clamp around the front arm, 2 rubber fitting clamps (1 spare), charging cable and real leg extension.

Going to give it a try this weekend. The plastic housing is a strange material. Very rough plastic (Does not look 3D printed)

Powered from an internal LIPO battery.

To release the bait you program your C1 controller button to turn the front Mavic LED's nav lights on and off and the sensor on the end of the arm moves a servo in the housing to release the bait.

Weighs less than 50g

View attachment 12595 View attachment 12596 View attachment 12597 View attachment 12598 View attachment 12599 View attachment 12610 View attachment 12611
I WOULD TRY ONE IF IT WERE LESS EXPENSIVE

Reactions: Gusteru
I bought a 3 pack of adjustable tension planing clips for $9. I utilize the rear hooks or the landing gear.

I just received the Gannet release from Dronefishing.com. Looks cheap made on some 3D printer. Probably the hooks for the rubber band will break first. Very hard to slide the charger connector in (it needed some filing of the cover on one side). For the price I was expecting at least a mini USB connector, not a cheap makeshift battery connector. Very poor quality overall as the first impression. Mine was missing second rubber band (probably no need if main unit breaks down first :))
It is working on the ground (so far) I will post news as soon as I will do some air tests.

Reactions: Rnl
I have one and think it’s fantastic. The fit and finish on mine is excellent. I’ve been testing the concept of flying a rescue rope + floatation device to rescue victims who have fallen through the ice.

Mavic will fly pulling hundreds of feet of 1,500 lb test rope and a floatation device, even in high winds.

The gannet bait release has worked for me 100% of the time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov