DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro -- flight range extender and

mikefaith

Reactions
Which do you find to be the better antenna when it comes to performance and range, etc..

The ITELITE DBS EXTENDER vs. FPVLR Long range antenna

Attachments

• IMG_2723.PNG
    IMG_2723.PNG
    300.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2724.PNG
    IMG_2724.PNG
    267.2 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: Hodbro
Get 'em both, I am sure they utilize a standardized mount.

LOL 4 miles isnt enough for you?!?!
LOL 4 miles isnt enough for you?

Are you getting anything remotely close to 4 miles distance when flying a Mavic pro? I understand the obstacles but at best we're Ifly once I hit between five and 6000 feet I begin to lose signal. Furthest I've ever been able to fly out was just over 8000 feet. What are you experiencing to be the norm?

Im not getting even half of that at my house so probably anything else will help. lol

I usually begin to lose signal between 6000 to 8000 feet from the controller. I would still like to know how DJI is getting a distance of 4 miles as advertised..

I usually begin to lose signal between 6000 to 8000 feet from the controller. I would still like to know how DJI is getting a distance of 4 miles as advertised..
Perfect enviorment, pine trees and iron ore can suck the signal dry in some places. If you are a serious modder I would go for it, however I would try to find antennas that have a universal attachment (like a co-axe) so you can swap different antennas for different situations. There is one drone kit out there that has three swapable antennas for the mavic rc, I will try to post a link. Here is a link to a kit that has three different hot swapable antenna.
DJI Mavic PRO MaXX Mod Long Range Kit w/ Lowepro Backpack or Hard Case

Perfect enviorment, pine trees and iron ore can suck the signal dry in some places. If you are a serious modder I would go for it, however I would try to find antennas that have a universal attachment (like a co-axe) so you can swap different antennas for different situations. There is one drone kit out there that has three swapable antennas for the mavic rc, I will try to post a link.

I appreciate it.. Thank you! Are you referring to the kit for the Mavic that is advertised on Drone World. It's not yet for sale.

I would be intested to see someone develop a powered amplifier for the antenna you can run off a battery pack.

I appreciate it.. Thank you! Are you referring to the kit for the Mavic that is advertised on Drone World. It's not yet for sale.
And this one from dronenerds seems the most reputable, they can install it for you but you can probably do that yourself, the benefit of having them do it is it would not void your warranty as they are DJI certified.
FPVLR DJI Mavic Pro 8DBI Long Range Antenna Upgrade Kit

Reactions: mikefaith

Attachments

• IMG_2727.pdf
    87.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2726.pdf
    94.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2725.pdf
    87.4 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Bunny Too
Here is what I am in the process of putting together.

Thank you!
Well heck, you obviously know what you are doing, I am just going to kick back and wait for your white paper or field report, well done Sir.

Go out to the country, I lose 1-2 bars about 6000 feet when I fly in the small town I live, when I go out to the country I only lose about a bar when I get around 8000 feet, I haven't truely tested the range because the limitations of the battery but I can get really good distance, from what I get its more than I can ask for.

I modded my previous Phantoms so I'm "one of you" - but I honestly don't see significant value in modding the Mavic. Ifor you are having signal problems now, the modding won't help much as it's likely interference which will still be there. You might get a few %'s better but not likely factors better.

Go out to the country, I lose 1-2 bars about 6000 feet when I fly in the small town I live, when I go out to the country I only lose about a bar when I get around 8000 feet, I haven't truely tested the range because the limitations of the battery but I can get really good distance, from what I get its more than I can ask for.

Yep...Yep.. Got ya. That's what I'm getting too. That seems to be the norm with the stock/factory antennas.

My experience too. If you are in an urban environment, you can't shut down all the WiFi signals out there. Your mods may just give you the appearance of a stronger signal until suddenly you have NO signal.

I modded my previous Phantoms so I'm "one of you" - but I honestly don't see significant value in modding the Mavic. Ifor you are having signal problems now, the modding won't help much as it's likely interference which will still be there. You might get a few %'s better but not likely factors better.
I think even some of the modded Phantoms can't reach the distance a stock mavic can, or that's what was claimed on someones youtube video at-least.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27