DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Fly away

Very interesting... How many fights have you flown before this last flight? Also verify that this is the same device you used as well as the same app. Im assuming it is, just trying to cover all the bases.

Been flying Phantom 4 Advanced - Since 2014
Upgraded to Mavic - since Dec 2016

Not understand why all my flight record files are N/A
Call Verizon, there are nothing they can help.
Thanks for trying help me here.

I know its a moot point...but did you even try to physically look for the Mavic? You stated something earlier about it being 800 feet from home point.

Greetings all drone pilots,
My Mavic Pro fly away today.
Here is my routine checked prior taking off.
1) 99% battery power, both controller and the drone.
2) Started power
3) calibrated compass.
4) controller reported home location is recorded.
5) lifted off the ground
6) moved the drone 25ft horizontal 25ft vertical
7) set home point.
8) observation of surround area.
5) all clear.
6) climbed up altitude of 100 ft

While Recorded several different setup of video.
Controller report 30% battery power.
Hit return home key.
Drone did not respond accordingly, it increased altitude
flew up 950ft vertical, 400 ft horizontal away from home.
while camera is recorded.
controller reported safe landed at somewhere unknown location.

Received the Mavic on Dec 24th. I bought myself a gift.
Just unbelievable - It's a TOTAL lost.

To all drone pilots. Please have your tel on the drone.
Just in case someone found.

This sounds like trolling

You said the drone was recording, so you should at least have the cached video viewable in the editor section of the GO app.

Have you only used the DJI Go 4 app, or was the DJI Go 3 also installed. IF you've had both installed (even if you've uninstalled ver 3) the file structure on your phone will be different.

This sounds like trolling

He did provide a screenshot of the state of the DJI Go app which is not what it should be. It is possible that something went wrong inside the app. No software is without bugs. Or perhaps he has some malware on his phone. Plenty of possible causes.

Reactions: moocao
Have you only used the DJI Go 4 app, or was the DJI Go 3 also installed. IF you've had both installed (even if you've uninstalled ver 3) the file structure on your phone will be different.
yeah, that popped into my head too
I don't use DJI GO 4, but I thought that if he uses it, flightlogs could be saved somewhere else, maybe in DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord?
those of you who use DJI GO 4 should know it better

U owned a Phantom 3 or phantom 4 before the mavic? That part of your story is not even consistent. 1 post u say phantom 3 the next u say phantom 4. And why r u so nervous or unable to trouble shoot if u r an experienced pilot. This whole thread is a joke that I fell for. Good one. U got me.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: jamiemink
C'mon guys... if you think this is a troll, back off and move along. There's no reason why he needs to be interrogated. Even IF he is a troll, by publicly challenging him, it intimidates other users who may be on the fence asking for help. English clearly isn't his native tongue, and if something doesn't make sense or seems implausible, then perhaps it's just his difficulty in explaining it properly. Getting negative and trying to prove why the guy isn't legit does more harm than good. /steps off soapbox.

yeah, that popped into my head too
I don't use DJI GO 4, but I thought that if he uses it, flightlogs could be saved somewhere else, maybe in DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord?
those of you who use DJI GO 4 should know it better

Yes, and in my initial instructions earlier, that's the path I specified. It was different for v3, and if he's used v3 (with the Phantoms) he may just be looking in the wrong directory. It's cases like this that TeamViewer would pay off in spades.

Reactions: mangospoops
C'mon guys... if you think this is a troll, back off and move along. There's no reason why he needs to be interrogated. Even IF he is a troll, by publicly challenging him, it intimidates other users who may be on the fence asking for help. English clearly isn't his native tongue, and if something doesn't make sense or seems implausible, then perhaps it's just his difficulty in explaining it properly. Getting negative and trying to prove why the guy isn't legit does more harm than good. /steps off soapbox.

Its not that we're challenging him, we just need info to be able to help. And so far nothing adds up. Somehow, the drone itself malfunctioned, the remote malfunctioned and the phone malfunctioned, all at once.

-The drone, assuming communications with the remote were lost, should have flown back to the home point. If the RTH altitude wasn't changed, the default would be to fly to 30 meters and return home.

- The remote, somehow went from 99% to 30% (Or is it the drone that had 30%?)

- The phone, for some reason, has zero flight data, at all. No records of the flight, or any prior flights for that matter with any of his prior drones.

- There was no controlling the aircraft, but somehow communications were sufficient for the drone to report a safe landing on the remote.

- The aircraft landed 800 feet away, which is well within walking distance and also visual distance.

- No cached video or information to report where the drone would have or could have landed?

Reactions: ___ and longrange
Its not that we're challenging him, we just need info to be able to help. And so far nothing adds up. Somehow, the drone itself malfunctioned, the remote malfunctioned and the phone malfunctioned, all at once.

-The drone, assuming communications with the remote were lost, should have flown back to the home point. If the RTH altitude wasn't changed, the default would be to fly to 30 meters and return home.

- The remote, somehow went from 99% to 30% (Or is it the drone that had 30%?)

- The phone, for some reason, has zero flight data, at all. No records of the flight, or any prior flights for that matter with any of his prior drones.

- There was no controlling the aircraft, but somehow communications were sufficient for the drone to report a safe landing on the remote.

- The aircraft landed 800 feet away, which is well within walking distance and also visual distance.

- No cached video or information to report where the drone would have or could have landed?

I agree there is a lot that doesn't make sense. But rather than suspecting he's trolling us (as others are stating), I prefer to be a little less cynical and try to get clarification. There could be a number of reasons for the inconsistencies in his statements - primary among them is his difficulty in expressing what happened in English. Maybe 800' is actually 800m? Maybe he flew on V4, but is now logging into V3 (or vice versa)? I don't know. But I don't want to intimidate him or others from seeking help by accusing him of ulterior motives.

Called Verizon? Set home lock? Didn't look for the craft, only 800' away? He was too panicked to search? He says "I just wanted to share this"? Says multiple times "total loss". Has flown P3 craft before and never uploaded a .txt flight record, really?
Says he understands English but it's not apparent in his grammar. His flight records disappear? Accuses DJI if erasing them?
What are we suppose to think?

This scores about 9 on the troll scale of probability.

Fly often, be safe

And let's face it, would an experienced pilot panic and not attempt to find it?

I know its a moot point...but did you even try to physically look for the Mavic? You stated something earlier about it being 800 feet from home point.

Went back to approx LOS distance of 800ft area... unable to find
(3hrs searched)
well, save some more $ and order another one.
My question was all log files are not there.
Went into the S6, Device Storage/DJI/dji_pilot/FlightRecord
Found only file name "userinfo.json"
Something went wrong in my Samsung S6

Attachments

• Screenshot_Android.png
    Screenshot_Android.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 93
Thanks to all readers trying to help me out.
It's easy of talking than real thing happened.

Sure my English is NOT perfect.
But, will not stop me or anyone for asking for HELP right?

All I did was sharing with all readers of what went wrong with my Mavic Pro.
Equipments malfunction? I dont know! Do you?
Until happened to you, and I hope not.

Again, Thanks

Last edited:
Try looking in, Device Storage/DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929