DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro found in Toronto on

You could shoot DJI an email, best person would be (DJI Ken) and send him a picture of the drones serial number and ask him to contact the owner and forward your email to him so he can contact you. To me that would have a 100% chance of success vs hoping that the owner is a member of this forum.

Shame they didn't have a sticker with contact info, my guess is they won't do that again.

Reactions: Mr Tic tac
Did you look under the battery for a possible FAA number? I put mine on the outside, but it seems a lot of folks like to put it in the battery compartment...

Please let me know if it's yours, would love to reunite you with your lost drone!
I am intrigued.
a) So it just alighted on your back porch out of the blue! (literally)?
b) you were walking along the footpath and you tripped over it?
c) Cleaning out the gutters and found it in your roof?
The possibilities are endless...

Do tell!

Hey could you pull the last flight\s from it with DJI assistant and see where it originated. Or does one need authorisation or an activated email address to pull data from someone else's DJI drone.
Anything useful or identifiable on SD card video?

Please update us all once this finds its way home ....... also get the owner to join the forum as we need to here the story behind this one :)

Reactions: GoCardz
Amazing, what are the chances of a Mavic Forum member finding a lost Mavic? Good on you, shoot an email to DJI Ken with the serial as has been mentioned, I am sure he could pass the info along.

Good on you for your honesty!

Karma, what you put out will come back to you in unexpected ways!

Lets say you have FAA number on drone is it easy for people to track you down with that number alone?

Last edited:
Not easy , but doable. There is no public search database for FAA numbers unless you are registered commecially. One must directly contact the FAA and provide the FAA registration number. Privacy concerns I am sure has alot to do with that.

Privacy concerns I am sure has alot to do with that.
Thumbswayup, for sure, as for dealing with the FAA I am sure it would be easier to get DJI to email the owner that his Mavic was found, after all, they have his serial on file linked to his/her account.

Thumbswayup, for sure, as for dealing with the FAA I am sure it would be easier to get DJI to email the owner that his Mavic was found, after all, they have his serial on file linked to his/her account.

Well, that, and unless if flew from Buffalo to Toronto, chances are it doesn't have (or require) and FAA registration number.

Well, that, and unless if flew from Buffalo to Toronto, chances are it doesn't have (or require) and FAA registration number.
And that is where a good old sicker with contact info (maybe under the battery) would be a great help, or at least it cannot hurt.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S