DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro from Drone World

I ordered a combo on 10/21 and I have just gotten this email today 12/8/16 1pm EST, hope to see my Mavic soon.

Copy from email.

Dear Valued Customer,

We at Drone World would like to thank you for your patience. We understand that you have been waiting for the new Mavic Pro, and believe us the wait is well worth it. As you may already know, there were a few production delays by DJI, this was due to quality assurance. DJI, as well as Drone World wants to make sure you receive something that is worth every dime, fast, and tech savvy. As the Holidays are approaching, we have been increasingly busy answering all your inquires, but we may take longer than usual due to high volume.

This email is to update you on your order, as we are now receiving the Mavic and shipping at a first come first serve bases. We would like to have all Mavic orders shipped in one day, but with limited supplies, lots of orders and a busy shipping department, there is only so many order we can fulfill a day. We hope you understand, and keep in mind we are working as quickly as possible. If you received an email titled "Order status for DJI Mavic" a few minutes earlier, you may disregard it as we may have left out the message by mistake.

Thank You,
The Drone World Team
Got the same email. When I try to get a more specific date on when mine will ship, I get no response at all. If they don't know, just tell me - we just want the truth!

Got the same email. When I try to get a more specific date on when mine will ship, I get no response at all. If they don't know, just tell me - we just want the truth!
I have not tried to contact them recently. I have only contacted them like twice before only because I had assumed I was going to be waiting a while already due to ordering so late (10/21). So this email was almost like a OMG moment only to be let down when I did not see any order shipping information or anything like that... On the other hand holiday is only a hop skip and a jump away so maybe we can all get some other toys to tide us over till we get our Mavic shipments! <--Just trying to keep the hope alive LMAO!

Chickenhoss,

I'm in the same boat as you - ordered on 9/29 at 8:38pm PST. That email response [as others received] was a form letter which said nothing about my particular order. I was told [in an email] 13-days ago that my Mavic would ship "within the next 2-weeks" - - Well, they have 1-day remaining to pull this off! Anyone know someone at DW who can help? Thanks!

Best thing you can do is cancel that order. Drone world is garbage. I cancelled after 2 months of bs from them. Newegg should have mine out in next day or two. Dw has over 300 preorders to fulfill

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots[/

Chickenhoss,

I'm in the same boat as you - ordered on 9/29 at 8:38pm PST. That email response [as others received] was a form letter which said nothing about my particular order. I was told [in an email] 13-days ago that my Mavic would ship "within the next 2-weeks" - - Well, they have 1-day remaining to pull this off! Anyone know someone at DW who can help? Thanks!
Yes and the form email we all got says to email them at the email listed and provide order number and email address to get status.

Best thing you can do is cancel that order. Drone world is garbage. I cancelled after 2 months of bs from them. Newegg should have mine out in next day or two. Dw has over 300 preorders to fulfill

If I could ever get them to be professional and respond to me, and give me a truth date, I would know where I stand in line. I keep hearing people ordering from Apple and getting their MP pretty quick.

Best thing you can do is cancel that order. Drone world is garbage. I cancelled after 2 months of bs from them. Newegg should have mine out in next day or two. Dw has over 300 preorders to fulfill.

Just checked with NewEgg: Order today and ship 'by' 1/5/17. That's a shame that DW can't get the orders out - - it's not like they had no time to 'ramp up' - - probably a bunch of amateurs. I can't seem to get a live person to tell me anything specific about my order. And, I just love getting all of those "sales" emails from "Alex and Drone-World" but, when I email him, he never responds!

I can see how Apple is getting the orders out... May have to take a chance on them.

Last edited:
Hi folks.... total newbie to this forum (apologies for hijacking thread). I was planning on purchasing the Mavic Upgrade package from Drone Words website but after reading this I'm not sure what to do - could use some guidance.

Should I order from Drone World or start searching for another vendor? Is the "Upgrade Package" a good deal (appox $1,449). Appreciate any info on this topic.... much thanx!

By the way... this is a great site - lots of information!!

Best,
Marty

Hi folks.... total newbie to this forum (apologies for hijacking thread). I was planning on purchasing the Mavic Upgrade package from Drone Words website but after reading this I'm not sure what to do - could use some guidance.

Should I order from Drone World or start searching for another vendor? Is the "Upgrade Package" a good deal (appox $1,449). Appreciate any info on this topic.... much thanx!

Best,
Marty
I have to be honest, I've never ordered anything from Drone World before until this Mavic Pro Fly More package. I understand the issues with DJI and getting product out to suppliers, but I am not too impressed with the level of communication from Drone World. Then continually ignore not only myself but others I've heard on here. Maybe some have had better experiences with them, I hope so, and maybe they are truly a good company, but honesty and being forthright with your customers is the most important thing you can do as a business, and they have not lived up to that with me.
Order from them at your own risk.

Not only that but they are one of the few companies that took all of your money the day you ordered instead of waiting until they could ship you something. That has really bothered me, tying up that much money for literally months without anything for it. And when I asked them about that they said they would be glad to refund my money if I want to cancel my order. So much for valuing the customer. I would have thought they would try to talk me out of cancelling.

How did you go about canceling with DW? Also, how do you know they have over 300 backlog?

I ordered from them. They called me today and said they received Mavics, and mine is ships today to me :)

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I ordered from DW on 9/29 and got mine 12/05 (was supposed to arrive 12/02, but there was a delay w/UPS).. Anyway, if I were to do it all over again, I would order direct from DJI.. It seemed that 3rd party dealers got their allotment after DJI was shipping direct to customers.. Also, in the back of my mind was "what if they go out of business", I did contact my credit card company and Citibank would of refunded the money.. But direct from DJI seemed the better bet at least in regard to the Mavic roll-out..

Ordered mine from Drone World on 9/29 and they were responsive to emails asking for updates. They sent me the mini-drone in Nov (fun little drone, btw) and I received my Mavic this week. They were all on the up and up, and I'd do it all over again. Not sure why everyone is beating them up on something seems to me like a DJI issue.

Few flights in, but so far I'm enjoying my Mavic.

Ordered mine from Drone World on 9/29 and they were responsive to emails asking for updates. They sent me the mini-drone in Nov (fun little drone, btw) and I received my Mavic this week. They were all on the up and up, and I'd do it all over again. Not sure why everyone is beating them up on something seems to me like a DJI issue.

Few flights in, but so far I'm enjoying my Mavic.

They did respond, but following all the deliveries on this forum.. I would venture to say you probably got your Mavic faster from DJI directly - so if I were ordering again today, it would be from DJI.

Best,
Marty

Hi Marty. There are a lot of good dealers you can purchase a Mavic from. I think people on this forum can all give you good advise and share their experiences. If you haven't purchased one yet, we have an order of them "supposedly" coming in around the end of the month. I say supposedly because Mavic shipments have had many delays but the dealers are now seeing them arrive in larger quantities this month. Up until recently, most dealers will tell you that allocation has been in very small quantities. We were also advised that we might be getting all our extra accessories in as early as late next week (extra batteries, extra props, chargers, etc). The order that we having arriving has somewhere close to a dozen units that have not been pre-sold or committed to other clients. Most are the Fly More combos but there are a few basic Mavics coming as well. If you want to order one, we will certainly do our best to keep you in the look on the expected delivery time frame. Or, if you have one on order from someone else and just have questions about it once it arrives, please feel free to reach out to us. We are happy to help.

Ok, so I PM'd some guys who stated they received their Mavic already [ordered from DW]. Got a lot of advice and decided I'd "press" them today on the phone. I did send an email last night in which I copied their email to me 2-weeks ago stating "I was in the early batches and would get mine shipped by today." Gave them a few hours to respond - nothing. Tried to "chat" via Safari, but after 5-min, the chat went dead and got the "nobody home to chat" response. So, now I'm pissed, it's Friday PM and it looks like I'm going to get the shaft. So, I make the call. Finally get "Alec" [not Alex] on the line. I tell him my order number and he "initially" comes back stating it will be 2-3 more weeks - I almost hit the ceiling! Told him I was immediately ordering from a competitor and would cancel the order which fails to ship first. An hour later, when I get home to make the new order, I see an email from DW - - It's my shipment verification!! IDK what happened over there, maybe initially Alec gave me some bad information?? Either way, it looks like Christmas is back on! I'll report back on this thread when it arrives.

On another note: they did indicate they are receiving 35-drone batches every 10-days. Shannon

Attachments

• DW-Shipment_LI.jpg
    DW-Shipment_LI.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 18
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member