DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro from Drone World

I've just about had it with DW, they have to be low in priority with Dji. I've been checking the net and all those charts on who is getting caught up with the MavicPro and DW name doesn't appear anywhere. What a mistake I made not ordering direct to Dji. You call them all you get is a recording they don't answer e-mails what a lousy operation. If your thinking of buying find some other operation who gets stock in from Dji and can fill your order, these guys must get one a week, maybe?

VietVet, I feel ya'. I would work on getting to talk to Alec [not Alex]. Get him to let you know where your order is in the que. Like I previously indicated, they are getting about 30 Mavics per week. If you're 70 in the que, then, you can bet on 3-weeks.

When was your order placed?

VietVet, I feel ya'. I would work on getting to talk to Alec [not Alex]. Get him to let you know where your order is in the que. Like I previously indicated, they are getting about 30 Mavics per week. If you're 70 in the que, then, you can bet on 3-weeks.

When was your order placed?

Oct. 4. Like I have written in a previous post the "Fizz" has diminished from the waiting. If I cancel and get a refund I'll wait for the inevitable MavicPro 2, I'm sure the wait will be less and I'll order from Dji direct. I have read where the motors maybe stronger and side sensors added to a 2 model? Hope you enjoy your unit.

There's always a better model coming.. so I feel your angst.. What worked for me was calling & hounding them.. it took some time, but eventually I got mine delivered.. I ordered on 9/29 and got it in my sweaty hands on 12/5..of course it rained here for a tad and I finally took it out yesterday.. I was pretty nervous, my first drone, but I think I'll get better w/time..

Of course there will be a MavicPro 2, there are always new bells and whistles. A year out so what, I put out 1300 3 months ago and still waiting. Like I said for me the waiting has diminished the "Fizz" on this model. You have yours enjoy it, let me know how well it performs and how to use it if and when I'm an owner. I made the mistake of not ordering Dji direct my fault, my error.

Reactions: Airsick
There's always a better model coming.. so I feel your angst.. What worked for me was calling & hounding them.. it took some time, but eventually I got mine delivered.. I ordered on 9/29 and got it in my sweaty hands on 12/5..of course it rained here for a tad and I finally took it out yesterday.. I was pretty nervous, my first drone, but I think I'll get better w/time..
Absolutely you will get better, enjoy. Keep me posted if there are any hiccups? Best of Luck with it.

Hi Marty. There are a lot of good dealers you can purchase a Mavic from. I think people on this forum can all give you good advise and share their experiences. If you haven't purchased one yet, we have an order of them "supposedly" coming in around the end of the month. I say supposedly because Mavic shipments have had many delays but the dealers are now seeing them arrive in larger quantities this month. Up until recently, most dealers will tell you that allocation has been in very small quantities. We were also advised that we might be getting all our extra accessories in as early as late next week (extra batteries, extra props, chargers, etc). The order that we having arriving has somewhere close to a dozen units that have not been pre-sold or committed to other clients. Most are the Fly More combos but there are a few basic Mavics coming as well. If you want to order one, we will certainly do our best to keep you in the look on the expected delivery time frame. Or, if you have one on order from someone else and just have questions about it once it arrives, please feel free to reach out to us. We are happy to help.

Appreciate the info! After more research, I decided to go with the P4P+ instead of the Mavic... cost is a little more but really liking the 360 degree sensors and camera. Moving over the PhantomPilot board ;)

Best,
Marty

I've just about had it with DW, they have to be low in priority with Dji. I've been checking the net and all those charts on who is getting caught up with the MavicPro and DW name doesn't appear anywhere. What a mistake I made not ordering direct to Dji. You call them all you get is a recording they don't answer e-mails what a lousy operation. If your thinking of buying find some other operation who gets stock in from Dji and can fill your order, these guys must get one a week, maybe?
Ordered Oct 5 and still no Mavic! I call but no one answers and I get a recording saying they are backed up - never can get through - absolutely terrible customer service. Emails go unanswered, and when I finally do get an email asking my order number, and reply with it, they still don't get back to me. I don't even know how to cancel my order since no one picks up the phone there. Drone World customer service is the worst - will never do business there again!

As an update to shipping from Drone World, I just received info that my order is in transit and I have a tracking number, arrival anticipated Jan 3rd. I ordered on Oct 3.

I ordered fly more combo from Drone-World, Nov, 2. Ive emailed them 4 times, about 2 weeks apart starting late Nov, for update status. I only got a response from the first 2 emails. I also asked about the free mini drone and they avoided that question all together. I was happy with the second email response i received, it was very informative. stated Drone world was not receiving as many shipments as they were excepting, and that my order may not ship until early Jan. i knew going in i would have to wait. I have not heard back form drone-world since my dec 19 and dec 28 emails. I also called and left a message 1-4-17. I do not like that after i placed my order, drone world sent me the email DJI released about orders received by nov 3. should hope to ship out by week of Christmas. I now think that email was directed and DJI.com orders. and not 3rd party emails. i feel like i got the ole smoke and mirrors here.

I see now that DJI is shipping in 7-10 days, as of 1-4-17, i online chatted with DJI to confirm that info. I was told tat if i ordered today, I should expect item to ship in 7-10 days!
Newegg is also listing updated shipping info. as of 1-4-17, item will ship on jan 13!
I did place a second order for MP via DJI.com. I will keep calling Drone World until i get to speak with someone. If i don't like the info i receive, i will cancel order. I think i will give them 1 more chance. But lack of comunication might just make me cancel my order. even if theres no new info. just tell me that! BUT IVE not heard back form them since my 12-19-16 email.

good luck everyone. any other Drone World updates?

Ordered Oct 5 and still no Mavic! I call but no one answers and I get a recording saying they are backed up - never can get through - absolutely terrible customer service. Emails go unanswered, and when I finally do get an email asking my order number, and reply with it, they still don't get back to me. I don't even know how to cancel my order since no one picks up the phone there. Drone World customer service is the worst - will never do business there again!
I agree with your last sentence, that's why I cancelled. Now demand is down and Dji is shipping direct faster. We all should have requested refunds from Dji and retailers then watch how fast shipping would have stepped up. I'm still going to wait I want to see what comes out of CES 2017 and maybe some good deals on the MAVIC, holidays past no hurry now. Good luck with your MAVIC.

Everytime I have tried to "chat" with drone world, it said they were not available (over the last 2 weeks) I emailed them almost 2 weeks ago and no response, also they have never answered the phone when i tried to call...Glad i didnt order with them, I doubt I would have my Mavic....as it stands now a shop in Cali had the flymore bundle and it is currently out for delivery (cant wait to get off work lol)

Finally received my Fly More from Drone World this week, Jan 3 after having ordered Oct 5 and went thru #*&(*^ with Drone World. I've got it now, not flown since the weather is too cold, but again, I will never do business with them again. If you cannot answer emails, calls, chats, etc. for your customers who've spent 1.3K on a new product, why are you in business? We all realize the situation, but answer our concerns and questions - DON'T HIDE from the public!

Finally received my Fly More from Drone World this week, Jan 3 after having ordered Oct 5 and went thru #*&(*^ with Drone World. I've got it now, not flown since the weather is too cold, but again, I will never do business with them again. If you cannot answer emails, calls, chats, etc. for your customers who've spent 1.3K on a new product, why are you in business? We all realize the situation, but answer our concerns and questions - DON'T HIDE from the public!

I'm canceling my Drone World order as of today. Drone word has not responded To my 12-19-16 email nor the 12-28-16 email. And 2 phone calls. Funny, when I emailed drone world before my order, regarding product info, they were very fast to reply!
Side note, I Also purchased the Drone World insurance, what a failure that would of been. How long would that of taken to get a communication response, or service work completed. Glad I'm canceling!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Will the new Platinum be added in the future as they become available? What iPad is recommended?
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54