DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro: Gimbal vertical rotation stuck, touching anti-vibration plate

novorado

Reactions
Dear All,
today I've lost Mavic Pro on take-off (refused take-off, lost control instead of landing, ignored emergency motor turn-off, lost control and crashed itself into a ground), video:
It was likely weak GPS + low light conditions that contributed to things spiral to hell immediately after it departed from the ground. It was #10's flight, no previous issues, new drone, new props, everythings ideal.

After the crash I figure Gimbal can't rotate in vertical axis, looks like camera casing slighttly touching the anti-vibration plate. Everything seems to be intact, nothing visually broken. Can you please recommend the fix? I guess disassemblding the drone will automatically void the warranty altough it should not be a big deal, doing lots of electronics engineering / debug with various equipment.

Feels like anti-vibration plate is bent altough it should not be the case, I am missing something else and may be easy.

Marked touch point with red.

FullSizeRender 2.png

IMG_6434.png

I'm having the same issue which is causing the motor stick and say it is overloaded when I tilt the camera to the forward position. Any help would be appreciated.

I saw a video somewhere about how the vibration plate tabs can get stuck out of position after a crash, this could cause the gimbal rotation to get stuck I think. There are two tabs at the front of the anti-vibration plate and a hard crash can cause one to pop up and over the frame. Someone here will know the video I'm talking about.

what cplmac said - the mounting plate may be jarred out of position. Could be a simple matter of loosening the screws (?) that hold the plate and nudging it back into position. Fussy though if you are not used to working on small items like this.

Disassabmled Mavic, detached gimbal from the anti-vibration pad, hair dryed / unbent, nothing is visually broken, assembled again. Video link interrupts from time to time, RTH'ed it back few times today. $10 for new props, recalibration, flying again, somewhat.

The mounting plate is in the correct position on my drone. I've watched the videos but still haven't seen anything that matches the problem.

New user here! I'm having the same problem after a minor crash. The gimbal gets stuck when facing directly horizontal. It works completely fine when facing vertically down. Basically the gimbal casing is touching the anti-vibration plate. Any help on a fix much appreciated!

New user here! I'm having the same problem after a minor crash. The gimbal gets stuck when facing directly horizontal. It works completely fine when facing vertically down. Basically the gimbal casing is touching the anti-vibration plate. Any help on a fix much appreciated!
Hi, I'm trying to solve the very same problem. Can anyone tell me how to resolve it?

Sorry for the late reply guys. I had the same problem and its an easy fix, but you have to open your drone (only the top cover). After the top cover is off, find the screws that hold the gimbal plate onto the frame. Theyre small phillips screws and theyre towards the front. All you have to do is tighten them. This brings the plate higher and gives room for the gimbal to move freely. These screws get loose due to vibrations while the drone is flying.
I hope i have helped someone here or maybe someone sees this post and benefits from this.
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout