DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro has sound

Gary cato

Reactions
So i took my Mavic out for a flight today. i was recording in 4k and when i landed and reviewed the video i had sound, birds winds etc in the video.

i decided to fly again and speak and yes i had sound. This all started after i used facebook live the other day on a flight. I allowed DJI Go 4 to access the mic on my iphone7s and did a live-stream. Since then the mic has been accessed on every flight without being live on FB.

This has pros and cons the pros are u can run commentary as you fy in real time without being live. The cons are that when u have winds whistling around you everything is picked up on the mic, even birds that were 100 metres away from where i was standing has been captured on audio.

So has anyone else had this? i have now turned of mic access and will trry tomorrow to see if the mic is still lnked in flight.

I just noticed the same thing.
It's recording using the mic from the smartphone.
I didn't have to open a live flight feed to do so. It's seems it's just started doing it on its own. I like it.
There was a firmware update a last week and ever since, I've been recording sound from my smartphone mic.
Read all the info on the update and nothing mentioned about adding audio recording support, but I just assumed it was apart of the update.

Do you mean the phone mic sound is send to the mavic and the mavic mix it with his 4k video and put it on his micro SD card?
Or do you mean you get sound on your cached flights videos on your phone?

Do you mean the phone mic sound is send to the mavic and the mavic mix it with his 4k video and put it on his micro SD card?

That's a good question.
I'm going to go check right now.

Right now, I'm only referring to the cached feed on the mobile device.

My question too. I'm assuming it's only on the cached video. That'd be crazy if it is synced to the resident video. But very cool too! Be careful what you say!!! Hahaha.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
yes it was just on the cached phone video and was after the firmware update. So seems now DJi listened but has said nothing about this new feature. do they even know lol. So the word can go out the Mavic now has in flight audio.

I feel the cached video is a useless feature, only for instant playback or search-and-rescue-my-crashed-drone purpose. I asked someone else what was really going on yesterday because I couldn't see how it worked without having tested it, but that created drama apparently.

Reactions: BD0G
I feel the cached video is a useless feature, only for instant playback or search-and-rescue-my-crashed-drone purpose. I asked someone else what was really going on yesterday because I couldn't see how it worked without having tested it, but that created drama apparently.
The cached video is great for instant playback of a flight to make sure you actually got the shot you wanted. It is not the greatest quality i agree, although still impressive to those who wander up and want to ask questions (not so great when you are mid flight trying to work out everything from do i have enough battery power to how the hell do i work the camera on this shot).
also i can upload it straight to friends on simple sites like line app in seconds. These apps cant take any kind of real high quality anyway. It is good though for some instant networking with friends when you are out of the scope of laptops etc.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
I have 4.0.4 and it's not on my android screen.
i have just red through the latest update release and it is in there that video cached to phone can now use audio. You have to allow the dji go app to use the mic. you can do that in your phone. well you can in settings in iphone. the way i did it was to go on facebook live it asked for permission for my mic i allowed and after that, it recorded always on the cache. So going to my phone settings i just went to the privacy settings and turned of DJI go app from using the mic. i am sure there is an easier way to do it. in livestream i know you hit the blue icon top left and it gives you the option of audio on or off. it probably remembers the setting so you will have to turn on or off for whichever purpose you want with each flight.

It's as if DJI can read my frickin' mind!! Used my iPhone 7 Plus and Apple TV to the 70" and WOW - SOUND!!! WTF!!! Even though it picks up wind - who cares? It's cool just to capture the natural sounds - even if only using my phone's mic! When is DJI going public???????

It's as if DJI can read my frickin' mind!! Used my iPhone 7 Plus and Apple TV to the 70" and WOW - SOUND!!! WTF!!! Even though it picks up wind - who cares? It's cool just to capture the natural sounds - even if only using my phone's mic! When is DJI going public???????
it would be cool if i even had a 70 inch tv. Maybe i should not have bought two mavics lol (yes i did but i have good reason i live between two countries, i have a work in both London and Thailand). now an inspire 2 or a 70 inch tv oh better get an inspire i guess as i dont have a wall big enough for a tv but an inspire will look good on the wall ha ha ha

I noticed it too after firmware update, but only on cached video. It was a nice touch until videos started to be filled with robotic voice commentary of 'GPS off' 'and many other warnings!
So if you're going to use it, turn the speaker volume on your phone down, so if a warning pops up its silent and wont be recorded onto your video feed

Reactions: Mustaine4prez

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf