DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro: High ISO Video Test (Night-time Singapore)

flumpet

Reactions
Did a flight this evening to showcase the performance of the small sensor found in the Mavic Pro. The camera was left in auto setting and at max ISO 1600 throughout the filming process. Instead of shooting in D-Log, i chose to shoot in standard color setting as not everyone who buys the drone is a video professional.

Watch in 4K!

No sharpening was applied, no exposure correction or color grading was done as well. Everything is as is straight out from the drone.

Lemme know what you think!

Last edited:
You're just making my wait a little less bearable . . . I'm off to find a thread that is all doom and gloom. . .

Reactions: Mako79
Fantastic . ... it is nice to see some positive content that is showing the potential of the Mavic Pro

Very nice! Great to know that you don't need to know how to manipulate video afterwards. I have no idea how to enhance it, so it is great news that it takes incredible pictures and videos right out of the box.

Wow.. So impressive. And I was just there at MBS about 3 weeks ago wishing so bad that I would have had the Mavic. I'm still wishing I had it.. LOL.. will be worth the wait. Thanks for posting this! So very nice!!!

Wow.. So impressive. And I was just there at MBS about 3 weeks ago wishing so bad that I would have had the Mavic. I'm still wishing I had it.. LOL.. will be worth the wait. Thanks for posting this! So very nice!!!
oh were you here for a vacation? Leave me a message if you come here again. Our local drone group flies very often. Singapore is a very small country, so its very easy for all of us to gather during the weekends to fly together.

oh were you here for a vacation? Leave me a message if you come here again. Our local drone group flies very often. Singapore is a very small country, so its very easy for all of us to gather during the weekends to fly together.
It was a work trip. I stayed for an extra day to see some sights. Wished so much for the Mavic the whole time. I wanted to do a dronie out of the window of my room on the 36th floor of MBS so bad.. LOL.. If I go back I'll reach out.

It was a work trip. I stayed for an extra day to see some sights. Wished so much for the Mavic the whole time. I wanted to do a dronie out of the window of my room on the 36th floor of MBS so bad.. LOL.. If I go back I'll reach out.

That is almost always a bad idea hahaha.

That is almost always a bad idea hahaha.
Oh I know it.. LOL.. I only "wanted" to but in reality probably would not have. The view was just so spectacular from that hotel on the ocean side. Anyway, it wasn't really a window. It was a balcony. Still a bad idea but wow, how cool would that have been.. :D

Here was the view from my room.

View attachment 676
You see that bridge thingy at the TOP left 1/3? That's the marina barrage. Just behind that bridge in that open plot of land is where we always fly. And so many times we have flown out to sea or flown from there to MBS or even beyond. I have personally flown more than 5km one way using my p3 pro :)

You see that bridge thingy at the TOP left 1/3? That's the marina barrage. Just behind that bridge in that open plot of land is where we always fly. And so many times we have flown out to sea or flown from there to MBS or even beyond. I have personally flown more than 5km one way using my p3 pro :)
I walked over to that area on this side of the bridge/dam thing. It's beautiful and lots of places to fly I think. If I go back, the MP will certainly be with me. :)

Reactions: Mavicjon999
Did a flight this evening to showcase the performance of the small sensor found in the Mavic Pro. The camera was left in auto setting and at max ISO 1600 throughout the filming process. Instead of shooting in D-Log, i chose to shoot in standard color setting as not everyone who buys the drone is a video professional.

Watch in 4K!

No sharpening was applied, no exposure correction or color grading was done as well. Everything is as is straight out from the drone.

Very cool. I am heading Singapore later this month. I did some research and it seems it is ok to fly drones as long as we are 5 miles from airport and under 200ft - can you confirm this? I want to take it to the Ubin Island but I think that is too close to the airport?

Cheers,
Steve

Beautiful Singapore as usual. :)

Nice video...

btw, Singapore don't have any drone laws stating you can't fly at night?

Watch in 4K!

Also very smooth!

Breathtaking!

I'm based in Singapore and love it that you've captured such an amazing video of my fav skyline :)

That can't be. I have heard so much about how bad the Mavic is at night or low light conditions. Goes to show you can't believe everything you read. Thanks for that awesome video share. Now I have to try some after sunset landscape stuff in 1600 ISO. I think I'll try it at the lower 4K and 30 FPS

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851